Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I don't know how they would handle it. Some charge cards have purchase protection as a benefit. You should call and find out what your options are. Let them know everything you've told us, then decide how you want to handle. If you didn't receive the item the card issuer would be your last resort...

So this has NEVER happened to me before...but I LOST a fantastic strand of Akoya unstrung pearls in the mail. I ordered it for a great deal from a seller on EBay. The seller didn't post the tracking information right away so I was unaware that the package had been mailed and actually "delivered." When I reached out to the seller regarding shipping when 3 weeks had gone by and I still had not received the items, he finally posted the tracking information. Once he finally posted the tracking number, it appeared on my EBay account and was immediately posted as "delivered." So 2 1/2 weeks had gone by before I could start looking for the package. I did a trace from the USPS and they said that the package was "delivered" but it wasn't in my box!
The short of it, EBay says it was "delivered" so they won't help, USPS says it was "delivered" so they won't help and the EBay seller shows the package "delivered" so he's finished too. The package was either stolen (and nothing else was taken from our mailbox during that time, including other packages..), or 2) it was accidentally put in the wrong mail box by the mail carrier and the person who got it is dishonest and kept the contents. Either way, I'm left holding the loss. So sad!!!
I'm trying to just be generous and let whomever got the pearls enjoy them. With the cost of Akoya's being so high right now, I'm just really bummed about this loss. Thanks for sharing my sadness for the day. I'll get over it with a cheerful heart.
Oh that's awful MOPTrumpet. I'm so sorry that happened.

I don't know how they would handle it. Some charge cards have purchase protection as a benefit. You should call and find out what your options are. Let them know everything you've told us, then decide how you want to handle. If you didn't receive the item the card issuer would be your last resort...
Just got off the phone with the credit card...it too is a no go! Unfortunately. Time to ...Let It Go!!!

Thanks so much, CatMom, BWeaves and heartofawareness!

Heartofawareness! Wowie! That’s quite a haul if all those pieces are from the FB Live! I love everything, and what great new additions to your collection for layering or wearing on their own.:p

How disappointing MOPTrumpet. And I’m sorry to hear there isn’t a means of recourse for you.

J.Hunter Fiji bracelets. I purchased the toggle clasp bracelet in Fiji, and chose the pearls for the second bracelet from a vault visit to PP. I knotted the two strands with Fiji pearls from Cees.
IMG_1234.jpeg
IMG_1233.jpeg
IMG_3681.jpeg

Heartofawareness! Wowie! That’s quite a haul if all those pieces are from the FB Live! I love everything, and what great new additions to your collection for layering or wearing on their own.:p

How disappointing MOPTrumpet. And I’m sorry to hear there isn’t a means of recourse for you.

J.Hunter Fiji bracelets. I purchased the toggle clasp bracelet in Fiji, and chose the pearls for the second bracelet from a vault visit to PP. I knotted the two strands with Fiji pearls from Cees.
View attachment 465095View attachment 465096View attachment 465097
I'm not 'ashamed' to say that yes, those were all from the FB Live Event 😂 The funnier thing is: none of it was from the 'day of' (I was too confused and didn't know what i was doing to actually know I wanted all of these beauties). These are all from the second day (that morning) when I sat and saw how beautiful it all was...that was my downfall ...no regrets...they are gorgeous and I didn't really have pieces to layer so now I do.

Wow @jeg What gorgeous Fiji pearls...WOWZA...ahh...I've been trying to get something from J Hunter's website but every time i place an order they alway say it's sold...so...what does it take (a trip to Fiji?) LOL...Your pearls are incredible!! Gorgeous in every way!!

No shaming here! We’re all pearl lovers, so how can you ever have too many, right?! They look like fantastic new additions, so enjoy wearing them. The Fiji pearls have never been very accessible. I’ve had these for several years now, and fortunately a few more pieces. I didn’t get to go to either of the pearl farms while in Fiji because I was on another island with a dive and snorkel group of friends. I really wanted a bracelet, and took a couple day trips to the main cities to look. Several J.Hunter displays, but I could only find the macrame bracelets. I did find a great keshi pendant. Anyways, I found this bracelet on my last day just before flying home. It is exactly what I wanted, but it was just luck in finding it. I don’t know of anyone who carries them anymore, other than Assael. You could also try PP to see what they might have in loose pearls. I put two of my bracelets together by selecting loose pearls, but again, that was several years ago when they had a shipment of loose pearls and I was able to visit the vault.

Simply gorgeous! That central pearl on the top necklace...it's a beauty.

No shaming here! We’re all pearl lovers, so how can you ever have too many, right?! They look like fantastic new additions, so enjoy wearing them. The Fiji pearls have never been very accessible. I’ve had these for several years now, and fortunately a few more pieces. I didn’t get to go to either of the pearl farms while in Fiji because I was on another island with a dive and snorkel group of friends. I really wanted a bracelet, and took a couple day trips to the main cities to look. Several J.Hunter displays, but I could only find the macrame bracelets. I did find a great keshi pendant. Anyways, I found this bracelet on my last day just before flying home. It is exactly what I wanted, but it was just luck in finding it. I don’t know of anyone who carries them anymore, other than Assael. You could also try PP to see what they might have in loose pearls. I put two of my bracelets together by selecting loose pearls, but again, that was several years ago when they had a shipment of loose pearls and I was able to visit the vault.
It's ok @jeg I was just referring to myself. I love everything I have and I thoroughly enjoy these posts with everyone's beautiful pearls... One day I hope to visit the PP vault 🥰 🥰

I’ll meet you there!:LOL: I should add that Assael has exclusive rights to distributing J.Hunter pearls, and most of Civa’s harvest goes to Europe, so there is very little that makes its way to the U.S. At least that’s from a few years ago, and I don’t know that things have changed.

Thank you Douglas! I had some temp strands from Cees that I rearranged to highlight the colors. I really love the strong colors of the Fiji pearls.

I’ll meet you there!:LOL: I should add that Assael has exclusive rights to distributing J.Hunter pearls, and most of Civa’s harvest goes to Europe, so there is very little that makes its way to the U.S. At least that’s from a few years ago, and I don’t know that things have changed.

Thank you Douglas! I had some temp strands from Cees that I rearranged to highlight the colors. I really love the strong colors of the Fiji pearls.
Yes @jeg and from there we can visit Kojima 😂

Motherofpearltrumpet. The credit card company will be the one to eat the cost, not the seller. Definitely contact your credit card company and tell them what happened. You have nothing to lose.

Like always jeg, your pearls are stunning.

Motherofpearltrumpet. The credit card company will be the one to eat the cost, not the seller. Definitely contact your credit card company and tell them what happened. You have nothing to lose.
I did, and they said there was nothing they could do. Oh well. I could definitely happen to anyone. All it takes is a mail carrier who isn't being careful and a dishonest neighbor.

On to happier things! Here are pics of my two newest undrilled beauties from the Houston Gem Show. Aloha Pearls had delicious bowls of multiple size undrilled pearls sorted by color-they almost looked like fruity cereal! These two were just calling my name. I love wearing my Net Pendant with pearls the color of my outfit. I wear lots of pink/purple and green. Minor imperfections in the pearls but the net covers most of them. Best of all was meeting Aloha Pearls' wonderful sales representative. She was such a delight to visit with and share ideas.
IMG_2323 2.JPG
IMG_2326 2.JPG

On to happier things! Here are pics of my two newest undrilled beauties from the Houston Gem Show. Aloha Pearls had delicious bowls of multiple size undrilled pearls sorted by color-they almost looked like fruity cereal! These two were just calling my name. I love wearing my Net Pendant with pearls the color of my outfit. I wear lots of pink/purple and green. Minor imperfections in the pearls but the net covers most of them. Best of all was meeting Aloha Pearls' wonderful sales representative. She was such a delight to visit with and share ideas.
View attachment 465100View attachment 465101
Beautiful pearls MOPTrumpet!

I did, and they said there was nothing they could do. Oh well. I could definitely happen to anyone. All it takes is a mail carrier who isn't being careful and a dishonest neighbor.
I constantly get the neighbors mail in my mailbox, and worse yet the people one street over's mail with the same house number and different street. The other thing I can suggest is to keep track of your incoming mail and packages through Informed Delivery (you can sign up via the USPS website). It's free and you get an email each day telling you what packages you're getting and what letters. Sometimes the postal people have driven off with my package undelivered (or it says delivered and they didn't deliver it and I get it a few days later). Since I know what's being delivered on any given day I wait by the curb when they come back and ask for it. Sad things have resorted to this...

Back