Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thanks so much, CatMom and MOPTrumpet! I haven’t worn that strand for a long time, so I was surprised at my reaction when I pulled them out of their pouch. The pearls have such a satiny luster.

Wow, so many posts to catch up on! I’m thrilled! MOPTrumpet, those are interesting clasps and you have mastered working with all those teenies! Pearl Dreams, you BOTH look great in that Tahitian strand, but good luck getting it back now. :LOL: And CatMom, you are looking fabulous in your Tahitians! All the pieces work so nicely together.

Blue Tahitian strand and studs from Alex Collins, a large white Tahitian pendant from Kojima, and an Akoya keshi pearl chain I made.
IMG_1219.jpeg
IMG_2964.jpeg

Thanks so much, CatMom and MOPTrumpet! I haven’t worn that strand for a long time, so I was surprised at my reaction when I pulled them out of their pouch. The pearls have such a satiny luster.

Wow, so many posts to catch up on! I’m thrilled! MOPTrumpet, those are interesting clasps and you have mastered working with all those teenies! Pearl Dreams, you BOTH look great in that Tahitian strand, but good luck getting it back now. :LOL: And CatMom, you are looking fabulous in your Tahitians! All the pieces work so nicely together.

Blue Tahitian strand and studs from Alex Collins, a large white Tahitian pendant from Kojima, and an Akoya keshi pearl chain I made.
View attachment 465031View attachment 465032
oooo Gorgeous Jeg!! Love them all but that blue strand...wow...how large are those pearls? Everything: GORGEOUS! Looks like Alexander Collins now has a lot of larger sized pearls and not just tinies....which is GREAT!!

View attachment 465031View attachment 465032
Wow, that blue strand is gorgeous jeg!

Thank you, heartofawareness and CatMom! It’s a special strand of blues that took Alex 3 years of harvests to collect the pearls for. The studs came from a harvest the following year. Heartofawareness, I’m not sure of the exact size… the studs are 9.5mm, and they are smaller than the front 5 pearls in the strand, so I’m guessing somewhere around 7-10mm, maybe slightly bigger for the center. He harvests all sizes of T’s, but he has a niche with the tinies.

Thanks CatMom!! I had to chuckle when I dug to the depths of my closet last summer. I’ve had these clothes for over 20 years. Who would’ve thought that linen, tropical print, and hot pink would all make a comeback together!:LOL::cool:

Amazing akoya keshis @MotherOfPearlTrumpet!!! I love LOVE akoya keshis! They are tiny with have incredible luster and personality! And extra kudos to you for your patience with making them into a triple necklace! Triple WOW!!!

@jeg Oh the subtle ombre!!!! So beautiful! And everything else too ;-)

@CatMom Love the T bracelet and the star ring!!!! I got a sapphire star ring for my 18th birthday from my parents when we were on a trip in Thailand but unfortunately the strong star has faded into a very subtle star...But still it paits well with Tahitians, one of these days I will take it out and look at it again. Yours is pure gorgeousnes!

So I know I am on a non-pearl buy year but gifts don’t count right? :) The backstory for this stainless steel necklace. I bought it for my Mom 20 years ago, it is Italian and had 4 big (fake) Tahitian pearls. My Mom loved it and wore it for many years. Until I got into pearls and couldn’t look at this necklace with same eyes anymore...and the fake Ts got all not-pretty looking with time... So I decided to give it an makeover with Australian South Sea pearls that i came to appreciate so much last year. The necklace needed big pearl so my budget said circles and Care Ehret happened to have a lot of these lustrous beauties on her website. There were two extra pearls so I asked Margaret of Simply Adorned to make two simple lariats with freshwater keshis for my sister and me.... I am so happy with the result and I am sure my Mom (and sister who is just along for the ride;-) will be too!

And then there is this time-traveller necklace which was a total surprise! In a real! effort to NOT buy anymore pearls or supplies I gave away a part of my stash to ftiends who are beaders and I had this carved Tahitian from Wen that I just had no idea wha to do with it. Yesterday my beader friend came to visit with this necklace ( with sparkly blue sapphires and red coral) which reminded me so much of ( Kojima’s or Kamoka’s) time-traveller pieces that I didnt even allow myself to want openly ;-) Again my no-pearl buy year is going really well ;-))))View attachment 465006View attachment 465005
View attachment 465003View attachment 465004View attachment 465002
Wonderful collection and the lustre on those WSS is beautiful ! I do love circles !

Stevieboy. The grey pearls give a "steel" look to the necklace. I like it with your shirt.

Today I'm wearing purple pearls from Kojima with purple linen.

Chocolate Plum pendant and custom freshwater keshi earrings that were made to go with a freshwater keshi tin-cup.

This was another case of "I missed out on the necklace." Sarah made me another freshwater keshi tin-cup necklace, and the person who does the wire work accidentally made the necklace too long, and I said, "Leave it alone. I like the longer length." Then I asked her to make me some dangly earrings to match the tin-cup. I actually find these earrings go with a lot of different pearls, other than the ones they were designed to match. And they are very lightweight. And the horseshoe setting is very secure and comfortable. It doesn't work its way out of my ear like fishhooks usually do.

IMG_1437.jpeg
IMG_1438.jpeg

Last edited:
Stevieboy. The grey pearls give a "steel" look to the necklace. I like it with your shirt.

Today I'm wearing purple pearls from Kojima with purple linen.

Chocolate Plum pendant and custom freshwater keshi earrings that were made to go with a freshwater keshi tin-cup.

This was another case of "I missed out on the necklace." Sarah made me another freshwater keshi tin-cup necklace, and the person who does the wire work accidentally made the necklace too long, and I said, "Leave it alone. I like the longer length." Then I asked her to make me some dangly earrings. I actually find these earrings go with a lot of different pearls, other than the ones they were designed to match. And they are very lightweight. And the horseshoe setting is very secure and comfortable. It doesn't work its way out of my ear like fishhooks usually do.

View attachment 465059View attachment 465060
Why thank you! Yes, im so happy with how it turned out, but wearing it today i feel like i may need to restring/knot. The knots themselves between the pearls were fine, but i felt like the necklace was giving way near the clasp. Its probably due to the weight of all these big pearls 😅

My goodness! these plummy mauves are so becoming on you!

after seeing everyone’s gorgeous pendants on this thread, I’m now wanting a few for my chains.

im always worried the bail hole wont be wide enough to fit clasps through?

im always worried the bail hole wont be wide enough to fit clasps through?

Some small orbit clasps will fit through some large 6mm bails. However, I have a couple of bails that are a hair too small and the orbit clasp won't go through. I do have some small, old fashioned fish hook clasps (the filigree oval clasps) that will fit through those big bails.

Alternately, I just turn my necklace around and clip the bail to the the orbit clasp. I've restrung a lot of my pearls onto orbit clasps, so everything hooks to everything else. I wear a lot of tricolor gold, so I don't mind mixing metal colors.

IMG_1442.jpeg

I have a hook enhancer that I use occasionally. I can't find who sells it anymore. But it's a way of putting a pendant on any necklace where the bail is too small.

IMG_1440.jpeg
IMG_1441.jpeg

Bella Findings has the following enhancer in vermeil, rhodium sterling silver, and rose gold. It will turn the pendant sideways, I think.

Last edited:
Today I'm wearing a suite of Sea of Cortez Mabe earrings, pendant, and bracelet. Love the shiftiness of these mabe...gorgeous! The ring is a special treasure and belonged to my mother and is my very first pearl (circa 1960s). Doesn't match but I think the design is beautiful.

20230702_145146.jpg20230702_145613.jpg20230630_094932.jpg

Back