Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

and trailing (not too far behind)...37" rope of 7mm Circle' rainbow overtone tiny tahitians from Kojima. Love these little babies. They are tiny and the strand so much fun (and really light). Can wear the rope in so many ways. I got some really cute Cascadia earrings from Kamoka that compliment the rope...and a bracelet from the Midnight Pearl Store in Hawaii....
I really love small Tahitians. Alexander Collins are my favorites...I think Sarah sources her small Tahitians from him. They are just so lustruous and full of overtones.

I really love small Tahitians. Alexander Collins are my favorites...I think Sarah sources her small Tahitians from him. They are just so lustruous and full of overtones.
Yes Doug, these probably are some of Collins' as they are super lustrous and colorful. Incidently, I'm waiting on a MaxiMix 40" rope from Alex. It's his latest addition on IG and I can't wait to get it as the colors look amazing. He's such a nice man. Thanks for referring me to him when I asked about Tiny Tahitians during the Pearl as One course.

and trailing (not too far behind)...37" rope of 7mm Circle' rainbow overtone tiny tahitians from Kojima. Love these little babies. They are tiny and luster is over the top (not to mention the overtones are super strong) the strand so much fun (and really light). Can wear the rope in so many ways. I got some really cute Cascadia earrings from Kamoka that compliment the rope...and a bracelet from the Midnight Pearl Store in Hawaii....
The color on those is amazing! Now I have to add something else to my ever growing list.......tiny Tahitians.

OOOO, I love that rope of tiny Tahitians. The colors are amazing.

little H enhancer with little H emerald and pearl tin-cup. Worn with jeans and a T-shirt, because, why not?

IMG_1400.jpeg

Last edited:
So, I bought a very inexpensive 64" rope of FW Baroques. I figure these will be good for practicing stringing when I ever learn how to do it, lol. In the mean time they don't look too bad with my Rice and Lapis strand.

1687373197078.jpeg

1687373341536.jpeg

Oh boy, what a treat to see all you lovely pearly people in pearls! Heartofawareness, I really eyed that rope in the studio. I love tiny T’s, and that rope is fantastic. BWeaves, that little h piece is so eye catching! Yummy…. and CatMom… fun! The layering is perfect and perfect on you! For whatever it’s worth, if you do use those pearls to practice knotting, I might suggest making some short strands first. It might just be me, but I find rope lengths to be more difficult to manage because of how long the knotted end starts getting and having to pull it through the loop to make each knot.

Wearing a pearl lei with a large off-centered Tahitian from Kojima, and SS studs from Takahashi.
IMG_1170.jpeg

IMG_1169.jpeg

Oh boy, what a treat to see all you lovely pearly people in pearls! Heartofawareness, I really eyed that rope in the studio. I love tiny T’s, and that rope is fantastic. BWeaves, that little h piece is so eye catching! Yummy…. and CatMom… fun! The layering is perfect and perfect on you! For whatever it’s worth, if you do use those pearls to practice knotting, I might suggest making some short strands first. It might just be me, but I find rope lengths to be more difficult to manage because of how long the knotted end starts getting and having to pull it through the loop to make each knot.

Wearing a pearl lei with a large off-centered Tahitian from Kojima, and SS studs from Takahashi.
View attachment 464880
View attachment 464881
A pearl lei? It's SPECTACULAR and Gorgeous! Wow...looks amazing on you..look at that luster! The earrings are beautiful! Wowza! Do you wear it much? The tropical vibes are over the top beautiful..

That is a great suggestion about the length of the strand. I think I will learn how to string pearls too...that way I can get creative and (hopefully) make some gorgeous ensembles.

The tiny tahitian rope was my very first purchase from Kojima...then I got the Kasumi...been eyeing her store with all her gorgeous reveals...beein trying really hard not to buy anything but I know that something spectacular will call my name :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Everyone's pearls are so gorgeous. A pearl lei, wow. And I actually love that FW baroque rope, too.

Today it's my yellow gold Mikimoto huggies with my jeans and T-shirt. Keshi necklace from Kojima, and coin pearl necklace from Karen Brown Jewelry. I restrung the coins pearls and added Mom's clasp, because it was the perfect size and shape for these coin pearls. Mom had this clasp on some round akoyas and the clasp would flip over. I restrung both necklaces so they had better clasps.

P.S. Since I don't go anywhere anymore, and I stay in my air conditioned house, I tend to wear the same thing a couple days in a row. Except for the pearls. Those I switch up.

IMG_1406.jpeg

In sunlight filtered through sheer white curtains.

IMG_1408.jpeg

And in shade. It's hard to capture how "mother of pearl" colorful these pearls are in a photo. The luster is incredible in person.

IMG_1409.jpeg

View attachment 464880
View attachment 464881
Oh wow, such a gorgeous lei and perfect with your top. It reminds me of a bead lei and bracelet I bought in Hawaii. I never thought they were pearls though. I have to dig it out and look at it. Your variety of pearls is just amazing! As for restringing the rope, it was my intention to start small, lol. Maybe a bracelet?

Everyone's pearls are so gorgeous. A pearl lei, wow. And I actually love that FW baroque rope, too.

Today it's my yellow gold Mikimoto huggies with my jeans and T-shirt. Keshi necklace from Kojima, and coin pearl necklace from Karen Brown Jewelry. I restrung the coins pearls and added Mom's clasp, because it was the perfect size and shape for these coin pearls. Mom had this clasp on some round akoyas and the clasp would flip over. I restrung both necklaces so they had better clasps.

P.S. Since I don't go anywhere anymore, and I stay in my air conditioned house, I tend to wear the same thing a couple days in a row. Except for the pearls. Those I switch up.

View attachment 464884

In sunlight filtered through sheer white curtains.

View attachment 464883

And in shade. It's hard to capture how "mother of pearl" colorful these pearls are in a photo. The luster is incredible in person.

View attachment 464882
That clasp is perfect for those coin pearls!

Thanks so much everyone for the very kind compliments! Heartofawareness and CatMom, I am looking forward to your knotting and wire wrapping projects!!!! ;) It opens up a whole ‘nother world.

Heartofawareness, I haven’t worn it for a while. I always think of it as a lei, and seasonal, but it really is a year round piece and I like the fit.

CatMom, I think a bracelet length would be good for practicing. You can practice the end knots and the gimp more times, which I found took more practice than the knots along the strand.

Last edited:
Today I'm wearing FW baroques and my pearl studs. The studs were a birthday gift from my father 41 years ago. He was in the hospital and he had my mom go out and buy them for me. He passed away a few weeks later. They are very precious to me.

1687536601657.jpeg

Oh, your studs look lovely with the drops. I can see why they are so precious.

Today, it's more jeans and T-shirts. It's hot, humid, and storming like crazy here. I'm wearing The Swan from Pacific Pearls, which a local jeweler set as a pendant to be worn on knitted gold neck wires. And Kojima dyed freshwater drops on my own diamond hoops.

IMG_1414.jpeg

And I checked on my Kamoka ring this morning and the pearl feels solid. It's fixed!

IMG_1412.jpeg

Today I'm wearing FW baroques and my pearl studs. The studs were a birthday gift from my father 41 years ago. He was in the hospital and he had my mom go out and buy them for me. He passed away a few weeks later. They are very precious to me.

View attachment 464896
I love your studs and earrings. Very lovely. The studs are a beautiful way to remember your father.

Oh, your studs look lovely with the drops. I can see why they are so precious.

Today, it's more jeans and T-shirts. It's hot, humid, and storming like crazy here. I'm wearing The Swan from Pacific Pearls, which a local jeweler set as a pendant to be worn on knitted gold neck wires. And Kojima dyed freshwater drops on my own diamond hoops.

View attachment 464897

And I checked on my Kamoka ring this morning and the pearl feels solid. It's fixed!

View attachment 464898
Gorgeouse ensemble as usual. The swan is amazing, and it does look like a swan, chain is gorgeous too. Glad your ring is fixed. Don't want any mishaps with that gorgeous pearl. The drops match beautifully!

Thanks so much everyone for the very kind compliments! Heartofawareness and CatMom, I am looking forward to your knotting and wire wrapping projects!!!! ;) It opens up a whole ‘nother world.

Heartofawareness, I haven’t worn it for a while. I always think of it as a lei, and seasonal, but it really is a year round piece and I like the fit.

CatMom, I think a bracelet length would be good for practicing. You can practice the end knots and the gimp more times, which I found took more practice than the knots along the strand.
I'm ready to dive into the 'other world'. I think it will be a lot of fun and open up my creativity!! If i run into trouble I know where to go for help ;):LOL:

Back