Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Beautiful all whites, BWeaves!

I was so enamored with a photo posted on Kojima’s IG, of all the colors of Akoya Sarah found in a lot. I envisioned a tin cup bracelet.:love: I asked Sarah about the pearls, but unfortunately they were not suited for being made into a tin cup. So, I asked Takahashi if they might have some baroque Akoya in varied sizes and unusual colors. They kept me posted and let me know they were “looking up and down their office,” and then came back with a fantastic selection. How could I choose 10 for a bracelet?! Change of plans… I purchased all of them and made a necklace. These are baroque Akoya, and are all natural colors.
These are baroque Akoya, and are all natural colors.

Taken in early morning sunlight away from the window-
These are baroque Akoya, and are all natural colors.
IMG_0942.jpeg

Taken in later morning sunlight-
IMG_0936.jpeg

Wow jeg, that is absolutely gorgeous!

I was so enamored with a photo posted on Kojima’s IG, of all the colors of Akoya Sarah found in a lot. I envisioned a tin cup bracelet.:love: I asked Sarah about the pearls, but unfortunately they were not suited for being made into a tin cup. So, I asked Takahashi if they might have some baroque Akoya in varied sizes and unusual colors. They kept me posted and let me know they were “looking up and down their office,” and then came back with a fantastic selection. How could I choose 10 for a bracelet?! Change of plans… I purchased all of them and made a necklace. These are baroque Akoya, and are all natural colors.
View attachment 464088
View attachment 464090View attachment 464089
View attachment 464091
I never would have guessed those were Akoya. The bluish ones have such Tahitian overtones. Those a beautiful. Again, did you do the wire wrapping?

Thank you, BWeaves, CatMom and MOPTrumpet! I am so thrilled with the unique and amazing colors. MOPTrumpet, yes, I do wirewrapping for any project I have loose pearls for. I re-wrapped some of the pearls last night to get them a little tighter to the pearl. A little more fidgeting with baroque pearls, and I noticed one pearl I wanted to switch out.

SurfnSci! I’ve missed seeing you, but it looks like you’ve been away having fun! The bracelet is perfect for traveling!

Another pic of the tin cup. All natural colors of Akoya pearls from Takahashi-
IMG_4828.jpeg

Thank you, BWeaves, CatMom and MOPTrumpet! I am so thrilled with the unique and amazing colors. MOPTrumpet, yes, I do wirewrapping for any project I have loose pearls for. I re-wrapped some of the pearls last night to get them a little tighter to the pearl. A little more fidgeting with baroque pearls, and I noticed one pearl I wanted to switch out.

SurfnSci! I’ve missed seeing you, but it looks like you’ve been away having fun! The bracelet is perfect for traveling!

Another pic of the tin cup. All natural colors of Akoya pearls from Takahashi-
View attachment 464125
Such beautiful technique!!!

Happy Birthday, CatMom! What a bountiful Tahitian birthday you’ve had! Enjoy wearing all of it. Everything is beautiful!:birthday:
Thank you! Tahitian birthday indeed!

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Wish you All a Pearlicious Day!!!
happyday.gif

View attachment 464088
View attachment 464090View attachment 464089
View attachment 464091
Love those pastel colors, Jet!

Today I'm wearing a set my hubby picked up many years ago on one of his Japan trips. I'm not sure what kind of pearls these are (Keshi?) but they are set with lapis and gold beads. I love this combination.

IMG_3071 (002).jpg
IMG_3058 (002).jpg

Lovely, 86C, and Happy Mother’s Day! My son asked if I wanted a fancy dinner and I said I just wanted pizza!:giggle:

CatMom, your hubby is very thoughtful about picking up little treasures from his trips. My late husband would follow me around and pay attention to what I was looking at, then would surprise me with it later. (not necessarily jewelry) I never figured out when he was able to get back to a shop to make the purchase.

Such beautiful technique!!!
Thanks, MOPTrumpet! I’ve always done tedious crafty stuff even when I was a kid, so teaching myself to wire wrap wasn’t too much of a stretch. Still trying to perfect it, though. I’ve posted this pic before, but I’m reposting because it’s Springy. I used to design miniature teddy bears …
IMG_0947.jpeg

Thanks, MOPTrumpet! I’ve always done tedious crafty stuff even when I was a kid, so teaching myself to wire wrap wasn’t too much of a stretch. Still trying to perfect it, though. I’ve posted this pic before, but I’m reposting because it’s Springy. I used to design miniature teddy bears …
View attachment 464150
I totally get tedious! I am famous for that kind of craft too. The bears are super cute, ESPECIALLY with the pearls.
Did you get my "message" I had asked about 14K wire or what kind of wire do you use when wire wrapping. I'm looking for a 14K wire recommendation...

Back