X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love that look morella.

Comment

• Morella-- That is gorgeous simplicity at it's best.

BWeaves-- the combos are all great, but the combination layering on your plum turtleneck is gorgeous.

JP-- your coin is precious and the layering is so tasteful. I love metals and gems and pearls together. That coin is a find.

Comment

• Morella, Love you Heather Benjamin pieces are amazing!

Comment

• Still cold here, so I took a photo in an empty office. I'm still on a white triples kick.

Natural white Hanadamas from PP, and my first akoya rope, worn with my birthday choker with Mom's mabe' enhancer and mabe earrings. I'm not really a mabe' fan, but I felt like these needed to be worn today. They're growing on me. I think mabe's were Mom's only way of handling pearl shrinkage syndrome in the 1980's and early 90s.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_99f.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	384472

Here's a more infocus shot I just took at home. Years ago, it would have bugged me that the pearls in the various necklaces don't match. Now, viva la difference.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_9a2.jpg
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	384473

I'm actually blown away by the akoya pearls in my birthday necklace. They're 60 years old and they look as good as my Hanadamas.
          Last edited by BWeaves; 11-29-2018, 11:49 PM.

Comment

• Looking good, BW! I think the mabes look wonderful on you!

Comment

• JerseyPearl, I love your coin pendant. My grandmother's name was Sarah so it's one of my favorite names.
              BWeaves, just wow to that littleH pendant combined with your akoya ropes.
              Morella, the Heather Benjamin necklace really compliments your earrings, but lets them shine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parrot Lady View Post
                JerseyPearl, I love your coin pendant. My grandmother's name was Sarah so it's one of my favorite names.
                BWeaves, just wow to that littleH pendant combined with your akoya ropes.
                Morella, the Heather Benjamin necklace really compliments your earrings, but lets them shine.
                Thanks! I am in love with these love tokens.
                http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• BWeaves, my mother also had a whole collection of mabe pearl jewelry. Many many pieces are in that same tear drop shape. They aren't really my style, but I can't bring myself to get rid of them. It's funny because there are some pieces she had that were antiques that she purchased as estate or at auction that I gladly resold. But her mabe pieces were contemporary, and she really loved wearing them (in her best Alexis Carrington style)
                  http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                  Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• BWeaves - Your layers look fabulous and that Green Emerald Little h piece really pops on that burgundy. And the layers with the Mabe are beautiful. Mabe were certainly a thing back in the day - I think you are right and the 'pearl shrinkage' condition might just explain their popularity That pendant is gorgeous !!

Morella- love you new pieces ! Amazing colour !!
                    https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                    https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• Originally posted by JerseyPearl View Post
                      . . . and she really loved wearing them (in her best Alexis Carrington style)
                      Oh yes, Mom had a bunch of the large round mabe' earrings, and we sold most of them. They just weren't either my or my sister's style. Mom wore them alot during the Princess Diana days. I never cared for the style, but I just couldn't part with the drop shaped pair or the enhancer.

Ugh! Over 80 F today and humid. Digging out my sweatproof pearls.
                      The Swan and my blue drops from Kojima.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_9ac.jpg
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	384545

Yesterday it went from 40F to 75F. So hard to dress for both cold and hot weather in the same day. All the blues! And black and white Tahitian studs. Mom's sapphire swan.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_9aa.jpg
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	384546

Comment

• BW, your blues look awesome with your mom's Sapphire swan! It's in the 50's & raining here. Next week will be in the 40's so I get the dressing for the weather. Yesterday was shirt sleeve weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by morella View Post
                          BWeaves, I love love love the colour combination you're wearing there and how you've matched the necklaces.

I am very happy that I finally got my preordered Heather Benjamin carved abalone shell necklace. It is a great match for my new earrings.
                          Actually Heather's jewellery (especially those gorgeous Impala earrings that introduced me to her work here on the forum, THANK YOU PURR!) has inspired me to get my own golden-chained "dynamic" earrings made. Please excuse the messy hair.

[ATTACH]63565[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]63566[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]63567[/ATTACH]
                          Oh Morella I LUUVVV you’re combo! Haha while the hawk and impala necklaces were my first purchase, oh I was tempted by and wanted those horn necklace! They are so versatile and goes with everything. Congrats on your adoption and please post more pics!

Comment

• Goodness, BWeaves, you have some of the loveliest ropes.

Today for church I wanted to wear my vintage golden akoyas from Pacific Pearl, but then wasn’t sure I quite liked how the length looked with my blouse. Then inspiration struck! One extender clipped to the ends of the orbit clasp later, I got....

Name:	C4C03200-F5E9-4481-B23C-87D170E132D6.jpeg
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	384569Click image for larger version

Name:	41B353CA-1BB8-4D32-BAC6-B1CBBA993CEB.jpg
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	384570

...this look!

Look closely and one can make out the reflection of the houndstooth pattern on the shirt in the pearls.

Comment

• Love the houndstooth with the pearls, and the longer length of the pearls.

Comment

• Bless those orbits- they're a Godsend!!:-)

Comment

Working...
                                X