Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BWeaves, nice, light looks. Did you weave your top? 86C, way to do your housecleaning in style! Charlotta, love the shapes in your T necklaces. I bet they look great nested.

I was out for a friendís birthday lunch today. Luckily we were indoors. I took these off when I got outside. Itís been warm for our area. Multi-colored Tahitian strands. The smaller strand is from POJ. Kevin put this together for me with a matching bracelet I can use for an extender.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	EA991073-CEAE-42D2-89DA-D72BD8BE3FE4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	382566

Comment

• Jeg, your strands look beautiful together! I would love to find a multi color rope with a lot of color!

Comment

• Stunning Tahitian strands, jeg.

Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous pearls with us.

Comment

• Jeg, those are BEYOND stunning.

Charlotta, I'm so glad to hear of others that have had good experiences with Wen! The three I've gotten so far from that shop, I've been happily surprised at the quality!

Comment

• Thanks so much, 86C, Red and Jesskat! Red, your collection of pearls is so fabulous and unique- take more photos!!!

The Traveling Pearl gathering some shell and pearl friends and heading to Hawaii. Aloha!

Name:	7495EE96-5C89-4A1F-B842-EADD03FFC595.jpg
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	382573

Comment

• Traveling Pearl has some lovely company there! Have a wonderful time.

Comment

• One of the pearls from Wen Pearls was broken, the tip of the drop was missing. Otherwise a gorgeous pearl. So I made it into a pendant. First I had to even out the pearl with sandpaper. Then I cut of a hatpin for the bottom drillhole and glued it in place, than I glued on a pearlcup on the top. Click image for larger version

Name:	_20180718_112356.jpg
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	382574

Name:	_20180718_112413.jpg
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	382575

Name:	_20180718_112450.jpg
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	382576
                The photos are a bit blurry but the light is horrible today. Really hot but overcast. I am going to attatch it to a chain ones it dried for some hours. Also did make an extender for my tahitian keshi strand. The stand is almost 20 inch and the extender is about 3 inch

Name:	_20180718_112659.jpg
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	382577
                And finally I finished my smallish freshwater strands. They are actually 3 strands I bought from Pearllunar over several months. It was cheaper to bid on them, one at a time and then the long wait for the packages to arrive. They are 2.5-3mm pearls. The drillholes are so small I had to use the SoftFlex wire in very fine. Thank you someone on the forum who gave me the idea to try that wire. I had almost given up on trying to knot those with silk. The necklaces are 19 and 30 inch and the extenders are 3 inches with the white freshwater pearl. Click image for larger version

Name:	_20180718_112606.jpg
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	382578
                Thank you everone for the kind words on tahitians.

Comment

• Did take some photos with the tahitians, though a bit blurry. Also took one of the new pendant/necklace

Name:	_20180718_123722.jpg
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	382579

Name:	_20180718_122003.jpg
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	382580
                  Also cat grumpy because of the heatwave or just being a cat who knows

Name:	_20180718_124157.jpg
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	382581
                  And finally one of my favorite oldish clasps

Name:	_20180718_124229.jpg
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	382582
                  Also enjoying a day of since I will work for 6 straight days so relaxing and making changes on jewelry.

Comment

• Love the "fix" for the broken pearl...well done.
                    But those clasps are amazing! I have really gotten into searching for vintage clasps...those are amazing.
                    http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                    Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• I like the neck shot of the Tahitians.
                      And your kitty...such beautiful coloring, and the green eyes--!

Comment

• Thanks, Marianne!

Comment

• Jeg, the Traveling Pearl is in beautiful company! Enjoy Hawaii!

Charlotta, love the fix on the broken Tahitian! Too beautiful of a pearl not to use. Great extenders on your keshi & the small FW. I have 2 100 inch 3-4mm FW strands (no clasp) that I wrap, layer or twist when it's a little cooler. Tahitians look wonderful & I love those clasps!! Where do you find them??
                          You Kitty looks like a sweetie!

Comment

• Dashing out for a quick trip to the library, I stopped to brush my teeth, looked up and this is what I saw in the mirror. The light was unreal today; the pearls were just glowing and metallic .

Name:	GSS, glowing in bathroom (forum).jpeg
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	382583

Comment

• Beautiful, PD. I love the glow of GSS!!

Comment

• Ooo yeah, Good lighting and good pearls!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X