Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love the sharp luster and soft shapes of those baroques, Frost Me! BWeaves, that Tahitian keshi is tdf!

It was an intensely hot, muggy day of activity here (sorting items to be donated to charity in the morning, and my first-ever D&D game with friends is in about an hour, if the WiFi will stay up in this rain that long!), so I went light on the pearls today. Black Freshwater studs from Pearls of Joy; the photo is a mite grainy, but those two bright dots? Those are lights in the ceiling fan. Up close, I can see myself clearly in them, like a slightly green-tinted mirror. Kevin isn’t joking in PoJ’s website statements about selling quality pearls.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	840A5423-6269-46C9-AF34-31DCF9E0E692.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	382443

Comment

• Thanks, Katbran! They are little gold flying saucer shaped beads.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	_20180707_135552.jpg
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	382446Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0974.jpg
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	382447
        My 2 tincups on, they are quite colorful but its hard to capture. Can't show all of the longer necklace, to much cleavage...
        And it's sideways again...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Charlotta; 07-07-2018, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Charlotta, your tin-cups look even better on. But neck shots are always better. They really bring out the beauty of the pearls (and the wearer!).

Comment

• Originally posted by BWeaves View Post
            Charlotta, your tin-cups look even better on. But neck shots are always better. They really bring out the beauty of the pearls (and the wearer!).
            Excellent job on both pieces Charlotta. Your wire wraps look great.
            http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
            Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• Thank you Bweaves and JerseyPearl for your kind words.

Comment

• Charlotta, Beautiful tin cups, great colorful pearls and great wire wrapping! Compliments the green sweater also!

FrostMe, perfect baroques, imo!

Bonsava, Studs are always perfect go to, even if wearing no other jewelry. Those are a nice size!
                Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

• Thank you Pattye. I also made some wirewrapped earrings today

Name:	DSC_0994.jpg
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	382448
                  I made them with some vintage baroque akoya pearls from a necklace I no longer use. They are more ivory in real life. Not pink.

Comment

• Charlotta, those earrings are great. Ear shots, please!

And nothing says fancy pearls like wearing a tank top and shorts. Pearls go with everything. Kojima ombre keshi tin-cup necklace and Komoka black and white Tahitian stud earrings.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_7a4.jpg
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	382449

Comment

• Beautiful luster, Charlotta! Well done!! We all could use a pair like that! Lotsa glow and some swishy movement keep the attention on the face! A classic!!

Ack, I'm so behind on seeing the posts here, sorry everyone! You're all helping to write a new chapter in "the Glory and Wearing of Pearls Story"
                      Pattye

Comment

• What a terrific an example you are, BWeaves, just as I finished typing this! Rocking the Kamoka mismatched (I soooo love mine and wear them often) and Kojima tin cup!
                        Pattye

Comment

• I tend to wear the Komoka mismatched studs much more often than my matched Hanadama studs which are exactly the same size. There's just something about the mismatched studs which makes them go with everything. They also help break me out of my old matchy matchy syndrome.

Comment

• That Kojima tincup is so beautiful Bweaves and your Kamoka mismatched tahitian studs made me try to find some mismatched studs as well. I lost a grey tahitian stud some years ago and the remaining one goes really well with one of a pair of light green south sea studs, the are still mismatched but the size is really similar and the light green in the south sea stud makes the grey stud looks greener somehow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonsava View Post
                              ... Black Freshwater studs from Pearls of Joy; the photo is a mite grainy, but those two bright dots? Those are lights in the ceiling fan. Up close, I can see myself clearly in them, like a slightly green-tinted mirror. Kevin isnít joking in PoJís website statements about selling quality pearls.
                              Bonsava, those are a nice size on you...are they the 8.5-9.0mm?

Comment

• ..just catching on everyone's post the last few days. So many lovely pearls!

Charlotta, those tin cups are beautiful on! ..and perfect with your green sweater!

Bonsava, lovely studs. ..they're always the default for me

BW, always love to see those keshi strands

Comment

Working...
                                X