Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Joycebvs, when plans start being made for the Ruckus, a thread will be started about it. Historically it's been held in July. Those who want to attend can sign up.

BWeaves I love Green!! Your little h pendant and tin cup is lovely. Always enjoy your mom's diamond hoops with your drops too.

Jeg your figi necklace doubled is stunning.i love that look. Cees has the most beautiful pearls!! And your bracelet is so vividly colorful.

Joyce, if you are a on Pearl Guide, there will be a thread started announcing Ruckus and you just follow the directions in the thread

Thank you CricketBug, Red, BWeaves, JerseyPearl, 86C and Bcm21mk! Red, it was the one pearl that I thought interrupted the flow of colors, so I’m glad it worked out to remove it. Plus it will make a great pendant charm. Reminds me a bit of a chrysalis.

BWeaves, I like the colors of your new mismatched pair, and that LttleH piece with the special chain...:p

86C, those Tahitians look perfect together. Glad they were noticed at the restaurant!

Mtummybear, I really like the shapes and colors of your Golden’s, too!

Jeg, your bracelet turned out just beautiful, and that long strand is gorgeous.
Wonderful mismatched tahitians Bweaves, just beautiful.
Mtummybear, those golden jellybeans are gorgeous, is it south seas?
86Corvettegirl, amazing tahitians, so glowy.

Tea Party Number 2

I finally got around to stringing these strands of tiny purply pink pearls I got in Hong Kong. Wearing as a pearl chain with my Tahitian pendant from Hawaii.
9BFD9386-B894-4FC7-BA32-47FAE2996BAC.jpg

Other pearls were my freshwater strand from Hong Kong, and two feather pearl mix necklaces from Kojima.
067F8809-E457-47E4-A4B9-449615581D43.jpg

B21440B7-9A66-40BE-917E-3E3805B108B0.jpg

The table with food- smoked salmon sandwiches, cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches, sea salt lemon bars, Heath toffee cookies, Raspberry tarts, chili con queso cups, Fran’s sea salt caramels, margarita chocolate cups, fruit.
D45B127B-D4CA-4B5A-BA8F-A0A07BA05C53.jpg

Last edited:
Pearls and confetti sugar? Be still my heart. I love your tea setup. That freshwater necklace is amazing.

It was 85F today, and linen and pearls.

Ripples from Kojima. Pistachio akoyas from PP. And multi pearl tin-cup from Kojima.

fullsizeoutput_b3f.jpg

Mom's akoya ring and freshwater bracelet on my right hand.

fullsizeoutput_b40.jpg

SoC rose gold ring from Douglas and PP on my left hand. It's out of focus because my camera decided it liked my new sandals better. Rose gold patent leather Birkenstocks. They really look like rose gold. Very shiny. And they match the SoC ring!

fullsizeoutput_b41.jpg

Mikimoto yellow gold huggie earrings.

fullsizeoutput_b42.jpg

Last edited:
Bweaves, you look so Pearlightful! Your mother's akoya ring is especially catching my eye! Just Beautiful.

Thanks Pearl Dreams, Charlotta and Jeg.
Charlotta, yes they are GSS.
Jeg, I love teas and your array looks beautiful. I looked at your clothes first, then the pearls as I love the ruffles. Do love the tiny pink pearls. ? Can I ask, what are feather pearls? Iʻm still learning.
Bweaves, I love the ripples.
Amazing photos and sharing by everyone. Thanks!

Thank you, BWeaves and Mtummybear!

BWeaves, you look so light and summery! Ahhhh...

Mtummybear, the name is coined because of the look of feathers. Here are the two strands together.
1FF5569E-319B-4349-85CC-739935AE9668.jpg

Oh, my!!! Jeg, you look stunning in your pearls & lace! And your tea party looks fabulous...wonderful food, treats, & confetti sugar!! Just AWESOME!!! Your pearls are perfect; those Freshwaters are so luminous!!

BW, you look smashing with pistachio akoya & beautiful ripples, topped off with your multi pearl tin cup! Your Mom's gorgeous Akoya ring, freshwater bracelet, SOC ring & Miki huggies are icing on the cake!!! You are dripping in pearls!!

Jeg I knew the tea party food would not disappoint! Fantastic; your guests were very lucky!

BWeaves, that’s a graceful and elegant spring look, and that linen is perfect with your lovely pearls ... the rose gold sandals are just right!

I'm curious about feather pearls, but I haven't seen any in person yet. Texture in pearls is very hit or miss with me. It took awhile for me to find the right keshi that I liked. But JEG's and BN's are gorgeous. You both have a great eye for pearls.

Thats a real teaparty Jeg. Everything looks wonderful. The tiny strand turned out great, very pretty.
Bweaves, the ripples really goes well with your pistaccios.

Thanks, Cathy, BWeaves and Charlotta! BWeaves, I tend to prefer non wrinkly pearls for myself, but I love these two Kojima strands. I think because the colors are so different from regular pearls. They glisten with metallic colors of gold, silver, bronze, copper. Very wearable.

Thanks JEG. It took me a long time to warm up to ripples and wrinkled pearls, too. Each pearl is unique, so it just takes the right ones to set my heart beating.

I generally prefer smooth pearls, myself, but the ripple pearls wearing ladies of PG are changing my mind. I do love the colors of ripples & will have a strand myself, once I find the right one.

Today, because of the rain, I'm taking care of business from home. I'm wearing my green Tahitian necklace (green is so hard for me to capture in pics) paired with one of my vintage Jadite enhancers & the Heather Benjamin beetle wing carved Abalone talon earrings.

Attachments

• 20190222_152915.jpg
    20190222_152915.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 32
Back