Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Cbpearllover, the colors on my studs from Oceanscove is more colorful than in my photos. The lighting isn't good enough. They are pretty accurate in the etsystore though. JerseyPearl always has many different photos of the same for exampel pair in different lighting. They are accually very beautiful in real life, high luster, no blemishes. I am very pleased with them a have a pair of golden studs on the way to me as well. I have been eyeing those aubergine and the mismatched studs for some time.

That blue rope is so gorgeous Bweaves and of course I love your mismatched tahitian studs, I did were my pair today. Thatvnew ripple strand is beautiful.
Cbpearllover, that tahitian strand is beautiful.
Love your new kojimapearls Jeg. It seems you have better weather than me...rain, cold qnd no light.

Jeg: Enjoy your vacation! I bet the weather is amazing there, its all rainy and cold here in Dallas. Booo....

Charlotta: I figured they were as vibrant as in the pictures, that aubergine pair is to die for! I use to think silvery blue was my favorite color, might be changing my mind on that. I love that she has very reasonable sizes for her studs too, I can't really picture myself with sizes 10mm or greater. But 7-9mm? Perfecto!

BWeaves: I love how you mixed all your colors of ropes! I always tell people you don't have to match exactly in color and shape, just coordinate. Is your akoya rope a "true blue," or more of a silvery-blue? I have a silver-blue showing up today, but it probably won't be long before I plot a blue akoya purchase. Also on your rope being knotted too tight, I use to think I could never over-tighten a strand with B.S. But not long ago, I strung a small golden dyed FWP necklace just for fun. I've been wearing it here and there, and even wore it as a torsade or with a pendant thinking it would stretch it out. No luck :( Guess I have something to restring now

BW, I love all your peal combinations!

Today I'm wearing my 3mm white freshwater rope - worn tripled:

IMG_7145.jpg

My neck shot doesn't do them justice. Here they are on a paper towel:

IMG_7157 (2).jpg

Wow! Those tiny pearls are so awesome, and really really classic, too. And they really do glow. What a fun style

Back to the office today and wearing my new PP VIP circled Tahitian strand out for the first time. I love the look of these big beautiful pearls. Tahitian studs selected in person at PP during the 2017 ruckus.

Wearing my new PP VIP circled Tahitian strand out for the first time

Mahalo, Red, 86C, Sunseeker, BWeaves, BCM, Charlotta, and CBPearllover! It is a treat to be on vacation in the sunshine this time of year.

BWeaves, you have chosen pearls from the sales that I would’ve chosen, too! I loved everything.

Annie, I love your tinies! A versatile strand, for sure.

Red, so good to see you out and about and getting back to the office. That is such a gorgeous strand of big T’s! I will look forward to seeing it in person one of these days.

A photo of two more strands that I brought with me. Both Kojima, but not new. White and gold SS, mixed with blue baroque Akoya and Akoya keshi. Second strand has blue and white Akoya keshi and a white SS pendant from PP.

D528E611-5B07-4B39-B0B5-D821441E55DD.jpg

Bathroom light-
A7627E2A-BDA8-4E63-8F18-8061F96AFF8B.jpg

Beautiful strands, Jeg! I especially love the white/golden SS & blue Akoya rope! Swoon!!! Get the smelling salts!!

Isn't it neat how Sarah relates the strands so that they nest well and look good together. The akoya keshi element ties these together and I love the SS pearls. So pretty, and perfect for the beach in Hawaii.

Annie, you're really making me want to buy up some strands of 3mm pearls and make a rope! I've seen some vendors carrying them, but I always though of them as filler pearls to go in a larger piece. I'm learning from you all, tiny pearls rock :cool:
Red, those are huge tahitians! It's cool to think of all the photoshoots those were in, who knows what celebrities wore them? If pearls could talk.
Jeg, you have the most beautiful necklaces. Those Kojima strands are true gifts from the ocean.

Thank you, 86C, Red and CBPearllover! I just love Sarah’s fanciful play with pearls.

The sun was setting as I was on my walk tonight-

64EFE4AC-9A41-42C6-A641-F218F17DA3AB.jpg

IMG_0807.jpgHere are my impulses fulfilled - I received a beautiful 100" silvery white rope and I'm moved by its beauty. The pearls are well matched in color, the luster is lovely and the surface of each pearl is smooth and clean. The knotting is uniform and professional. I wish I'd bought 2, one for each wrist.
IMG_0805.jpg

Last edited:
Annie, I am a big fan of the tinies! Definitely a versatile piece

Red, that is a beautiful Tahitian strand! Glad you’re feeling better.

Lisa, lovely “bracelet” :) I’ve made a couple of necklaces about 21” just so I can also wear them wrapped on my wrist.

jeg, your Kojimas are really fun and beautiful too!

CBPearllover : My blue akoya rope is dark blue. It's the darkest blue I've ever seen.

Annie: I've been eyeing the 3mm pearl chains at Kojima, and now you're making me want one, too.

LisaC: You look like Marlene Dietrich on the Black Pearl Dude's Vintage Pearls thread. There's a photo of her with a gauntlet of pearls, and I was drooling over it.

Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 6.15.20 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Sunseeker!

Very fun, Lisa! Now that’s what I call a good distraction. Your eyes will automatically be drawn to your wrist when wearing that.

View attachment 63841Here are my impulses fulfilled - I received a beautiful 100" silvery white rope and I'm moved by its beauty. The pearls are well matched in color, the luster is lovely and the surface of each pearl is smooth and clean. The knotting is uniform and professional. I wish I'd bought 2, one for each wrist.
View attachment 63840

AAARRRRMMM PARTIES!!!!!!!!!! WWHHEHEEEEE Love them Lisa!!!

Annie, you're really making me want to buy up some strands of 3mm pearls and make a rope! I've seen some vendors carrying them, but I always though of them as filler pearls to go in a larger piece. I'm learning from you all, tiny pearls rock :cool:
Red, those are huge tahitians! It's cool to think of all the photoshoots those were in, who knows what celebrities wore them? If pearls could talk.
Jeg, you have the most beautiful necklaces. Those Kojima strands are true gifts from the ocean.

I'm making a 4-strand torsade of tiny round peach FWs with a stunning 13mm Edison enhancer for my MIL for Christmas. I'm learning that even though stringing the tinies are a pain, they make for a really pretty piece!

I pulled out my round blue-body Rikitea strand from PP to wear while running errands today. They go perfectly with my navy blue t-shirt. The purple rimmed Tahitian studs are a second pair selected in person while at PP during the 2017 ruckus.

round blue-body Rikitea Tahitian strand with purple-rimmed black studs from Pearl Paradise

Back