Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

"If I still remember wanting it in the morning .... " oh, BWeaves how I love this tactic :) Sometimes around here it works more like "if Walter remembers in the morning that I bought this last night ..." ;)

BWA-HAHAHHAHA! Cathy, thanks for making me snort tea out my nose this morning.

You guys are too funny!
So I looked at the link you shared Pearl Dreams on Tokki pearls, thank you, I had never heard of them. Are these pearls that I recently purchased Tokki pearls?
9370E006-6EDA-44CE-BA03-687049695A24.jpg

Simply adorned, have a look at this tokki pearl that was drilled in half:

Very cool, in so many ways - that pearl thickness was amazing, it’s nib (I think that was JerseyPearl’s word) enchanting, Jeremy’s excitement contagious and the beauty of littl h’s earrings inspiring :) Thank you for directing me to that posting Pearl Dreams. Amazing cultured pearls have a will (wild side) of their own. I love the unique shapes so much and the beauty in that irregularity.

Pearl Dreams- that Necklace is like pieces of molten metal! How gorgeous! I am not even an hour away from Mystic in Northern RI and my twin boys are going to school at URI, just a hop skip and jump from Mystic. Mystic is truly beautiful. I may just have to make a trip down and see this gentleman for myself sometime in the future! Congrats!

"If I still remember wanting it in the morning .... " oh, BWeaves how I love this tactic :) Sometimes around here it works more like "if Walter remembers in the morning that I bought this last night ..." ;)

I burst out laughing!

Pearl Dreams- that Necklace is like pieces of molten metal! How gorgeous! I am not even an hour away from Mystic in Northern RI and my twin boys are going to school at URI, just a hop skip and jump from Mystic. Mystic is truly beautiful. I may just have to make a trip down and see this gentleman for myself sometime in the future! Congrats!

He has some FW ripples and another Tahitian strand, rounds. Also estate jewelry and various odds and ends. Not your typical jewelry store.
They have a website: https://www.goldsmithsandsilversmiths.com

Last edited:
OMG CathyK you are so funny !! I love it !! :D:D

PD - Wow those are some big beautiful Keshi !! They really are glorious ... that's a strand that you would have been thinking about for years if you'd left it behind. They don't come along very often. I saw a strand of such deep gold giant Keshi GSS in HK .. I've never stopped thinking about them. Hideously expensive. But there are days I think...why didn't I just do it.. So well done...No regrets

Simply Adorned - Those are such cute Tokki - I have one Tahitian , as soon as I saw it I had to have it..a little bubble head !

Last edited:
Katbran, I know what you mean about regrets. Years ago I saw a stunning piece of scrimshaw that I didn't buy, and regretted for years. I think these would have haunted me, too.

Mystic has an art show/sale in the streets of the old section of town the second weekend in August, every year. Mostly paintings, but there is one street next to the river where jewelers and crafters set up their tents. This show is worth attending (go early to find parking!) We used to go every year, and bought a few paintings, but it's always the same weekend as the East Coast Gem, Mineral and Fossil show in Springfield, MA, and doing both is a bit much.

little h necklace and pendant. Metallic drops on my mother's diamond hoop earrings.

fullsizeoutput_62d.jpg

Thank you. It's always hard to photograph pearls and gemstones. The pearls look best in the shade, but the gemstones look best in the sun.

did a restring last night after deciding to reattach the original clasp. These puppies are going to the roadshow - will the experts say cultured or natural? It's anyone's guess!
IMG_2608.jpg

Back