Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Lugana- They are too pretty, what are you going to do to them??? It sounds scary!
There was a thread here some time ago, about Pearls with gold paint. I don't quite believe in gold paints in general, but the design kind of intrigued me.

So after some experiments, pondering and constructive eye rolling I think I've found a way to make an earring that would be actually covered in thin karat gold lace, but that would be a self-sufficient setting, not just a paint. And these particular earrings are planned to be used the first version of that design))

This is interesting! I've seen artists paint with gold leaf paint they mix themselves (gold leaf with some kind of solvent). I wonder if you could do something like that and seal it afterward. I'd do it on earrings maybe, since they don't get touched too much, but I'd be afraid of it wearing off of the pearl.

Or hmm mixing gold leaf with some kind of resin so it cures hard....

I’m intrigued, Lugana- looking forward to seeing the results!

Wearing my Ruckus 2017 Hanadama earrings with my natural white Hanadama rope from PP, and The Hamantaschen.

Hanadama earrings with my natural white Hanadama rope from Pearl Paradise, and The Hamantaschen

Hanadama earrings with my natural white Hanadama rope from Pearl Paradise and The Hamantaschen

jeg, I like your ombré Tahitian and SS necklace!

BWeaves, your Hanadama rope is beautiful!

Pearl Dreams, jeg, and Lugana, thank you for the comments on my new green keshi ring. I'm posting another picture of it in better light. I took a picture of it with another Kamoka ring.

my new green keshi ring

Today I wore my blue-green Tahitian drops.

wore my blue-green Tahitian drops

A better picture:

wore my blue-green Tahitian drops

Last edited by a moderator:
I know everyone has tried to get me to wear my T's in the summer, but they are definitely fall and winter pearls. They just glow in autumn light and against sweaters.

BWeaves- the all white always looks so elegant.

Annie- I like the two Kamoka rings together. Also a very pretty Tahitian strand.

Thanks, Marianne! I know you can’t tell but it’s a dress. Wish I could capture the pearl colors more accurately...

Annie, your new green keshi ring is dreamy and delightful ... as are those blue green Tahitian drops ... yummy :)

Lugana, I can't wait to see that gold lace setting !!!!!

Annie, those rings are stunning! Great color pics. And love your Ts.

BWeaves, your white ropes are always so elegant.

jeg, love your multicolor Ts! I'd love to play in your jewelry box!

Today's look - I kind of dig how the oxidation on the crescent picks up the greens and blues in the Ts. I was going to remove the oxidation and add gold accents but now I'm undecided.
Tahitians with oxidized crescent
Tahitians with oxidized crescent moon pendant

I love the crescent, Battah - and I agree, the oxidized color complements the pearls perfectly!

Thank you Katbran and Battah!

I also vote yes for keeping the crescent color. Works perfectly with your T’s! I love that strand, too, BTW.

I'm not a fan of oxidation, but I have to admit that it works here.

I love that rope. I really do like the pearl on pearl tin cup, waterfall, bubble, whatever you want to call them necklaces.

Lovely pearls worn by lovely ladies here, they are stunning.
Today's ensemble gssp strand which I finished stringing yesterday and gssp studs. I need goldens to cheer me up, the weather has been awful. And oh, gold matches those yellow autumn leaves too.

ensemble gssp strand with matching studs

Back