Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. It looks like a small egg that is hatching a tiny universe. It's gorgeous. And it looks terrific with that pearl, too.

Comment

• Lovely pearls EVERYONE!

Red, gorgeous all!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BWeaves View Post
        Wow. It looks like a small egg that is hatching a tiny universe. It's gorgeous. And it looks terrific with that pearl, too.
        OMG you nailed it !

What a beautiful stone ! I love boulder opals etc and am keeping my eye out for a nice one to use as a focal bead or pendant. That is such a marvellous,interesting piece. I cannot wait to see what you do with it!!!
        https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
        https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• Red, that fire opal is extraordinary! So often the matrix and surrounding rock is terra cotta color, this is really lovely I have a silver pin/pendant with a nice center fire opal, and the matrix is a warm pink not quite coral/peach. It has a strong bolt of bright green in certain light; almost like it's electrified. A favorite stone of mine .... Congratulations!
          Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• Originally posted by Pearly-Whites View Post
            My Burmese SSP are finished! I am in lust with them. They have amazing luster and overtones. I love the champagne color. I wear a lot of white pearls and these are just softer. They are 11mm and I have a shot with my WSSP as a contrast.[ATTACH]49082[/ATTACH][ATTACH]49083[/ATTACH][ATTACH]49084[/ATTACH][ATTACH]49085[/ATTACH]
            Pearly, your Burmese SS are stunning! Wonderful luster and overtones on them. I think they outshine your white pair. Enjoy and wear them, in the best of health!

Comment

• Great pairing, Red! As others have said, the opal is fantastic.

Comment

• BWeaves, isn't it interesting what colors complement pearls? I wouldn't have thought olive grey drab would make those blues sing but they really come alive.

Comment

• Yes, I discovered the olive drab / blue pearls combo quite by accident. Now, I seek it out.

Comment

• Lovely lovely pearls everyone!

Love opal in matrix and it goes so well with that pearl

I was suprised by the drab olive/blue akoya combo as well. It really sets off those blues. I'm going to keep that in mind because I'll be getting my first Vietnamese akoyas soon and I have a lot of drab olive in my wardrobe (lol my fieldwork life has infiltrated my wardrobe).
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	andrea1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	372620

Name:	Andrea2.jpg
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	372621
                    Check out my jewelry here

Comment

• CANDY! I want to eat those up.

Comment

• MSC your Vietnamese akoyas... sigh... they are so drool worthy.

Comment

• Freshwater pearls from PP, with a white Tahitian drop from Kojima, assembled in 14kt white gold by my local jeweler. Not the finest strand that PP offers, but still, far nicer and less expensive than what my jeweler procured. And, just what I wanted for this piece.

Name:	2017-02-26 12.00.44.jpg
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	372622

Comment

• Today I'm wearing my vintage graduated akoya strand. This one is 5-8mm. I found it 3 years ago in a pile of costume jewelry, very grimy and dull looking. It just needed to be washed and restrung. I should really wear this more often.

Name:	Vintage akoya strand.jpg
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	372623

Comment

• So much beauty here!

MSC, I have no words for your Vietnamese akoya. You lucky duck.

Red, love that elegant piece, particularly with that outfit.

Pearl Dreams, yep, you definitely need to wear that more often. What a find-- stunning!

Comment

• Gorgeous, Red and PD! Nothing like classic white pearls

Thanks, BWeaves, Pareltje, and BN! I really really wanted the 2-3mm Vietnamese strand from Cees, but it was far more than my budget, so we came up with these as consolation prize. Not too shabby! That strand is still on my wishlist though They're getting sent for drilling and then coming to me!
                                Check out my jewelry here

Comment

Working...
                                X