Name:	IMG_1163.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	371440Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1164.JPG
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	371441

This is an example of how pearls that are not loved or worn can be reworked into something completely different. These started out as a 7.5 mm near round gray Tahitian pearl strand that was purchased in Hawaii nearly 20 years ago. They were "blah" and looked like something that a 12 year old would wear. I added Tahitian keishi pearls, large Tahitian baroques (up to 16mm), some white SS pearls and a few SS golden baroques. All excepting the SS goldens were sourced from Ehlert Designs which operates a store both on Ebay and Easy and the golden SS were purchased from e-store (reputable Chinese company) on Ebay. Moral of the story....if you don't like them or wear them, cut them apart!

Comment

• I like the redesign Pearly-whites., looks like a harvest strand and that white/gold SSP looks so unique.

Wearing my silver peacock ovals today and a newly wire-wrapped necklace made with vietnamese blue akoyas and 7mm T's.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	silverT.jpg
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	371442

Comment

• Beautiful both, pearly and Bailey!

Thanks! I like acorn better than what I was thinking: turnip, lol.
        Check out my jewelry here

Comment

• Originally posted by Pearly-Whites View Post
          [ATTACH]47471[/ATTACH][ATTACH]47472[/ATTACH][ATTACH]47473[/ATTACH][ATTACH]47474[/ATTACH][ATTACH]47475[/ATTACH]

This is an example of how pearls that are not loved or worn can be reworked into something completely different. These started out as a 7.5 mm near round gray Tahitian pearl strand that was purchased in Hawaii nearly 20 years ago. They were "blah" and looked like something that a 12 year old would wear. I added Tahitian keishi pearls, large Tahitian baroques (up to 16mm), some white SS pearls and a few SS golden baroques. All excepting the SS goldens were sourced from Ehlert Designs which operates a store both on Ebay and Easy and the golden SS were purchased from e-store (reputable Chinese company) on Ebay. Moral of the story....if you don't like them or wear them, cut them apart!
          Bravo Pearly-Whites! Great job turning an otherwise dull strand of Tahitians into something lovely. It does have the look of a harvest strand.

In response to the other question re photography, I personally don't use a tripod. I just try to stay as still as possible and sometimes brace an elbow against whatever's nearby, though usually there's nothing nearby to brace it against ; )

Comment

• Bailey , I love the silver ovals with the wire-wrapped piece. So beautiful together! Are the silver ovals from the special PP had recently?

Comment

• Thank you MSC and BN!
              BN, yes the silver ovals are from PP black Friday sale.

Comment

• Beautiful harvest strand Pearly Whites. And a great reminder of how adaptable pearl jewellery can be if you learn a few simple skills and have the right tools.

Bailey! Your silver peacocks look perfect on you! Are these the 8-10mm ovals?

Comment

• I LOVE that mixed strand, Pearly! I would totally wear that...might I be so bold to suggest that Sheri's octo clasp would compliment it perfectly.

Bailey, your pearls are lovely!!
                  http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                  Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• Wow, all kinds of beautiful going on here!!!

Kalmen, love your luminous SS keshis!
                    Moneymeister, lovely delicate fwp!
                    MSC, love how you mix it all up!
                    Bailey1856, luscious Tahitians!
                    Pearly-whites amazing harvest like Tahitian rope and pendant!

Comment

• Nicely done Pearly ! Nicely done!

Bailey- love those silver ovals! And the combo looks fabulous!
                      https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                      https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• Today I'm wearing my Kamoka multi-color flash tin cup.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0848.jpg
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	371495

Comment

• Thank you, lmgarden!

OMG Jersey, LOVE that tin cup. Did you buy the pearls as a parcel and put it together yourself? The mix of colors is perfect!
                          Check out my jewelry here

Comment

• Jersey, That is such a gorgeous tin cup! Today I have on silvery white Keishi strand from Pearls of Joy. I wanted two to make a rope but he said that Keishis of this quality were hard to come by. They have amazing luster.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1180.jpg
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	371496Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1181.jpg
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	371497Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1183.jpg
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	371498Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1184.jpg
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	371499

Comment

• Originally posted by MSC View Post
                              Thank you, lmgarden!

OMG Jersey, LOVE that tin cup. Did you buy the pearls as a parcel and put it together yourself? The mix of colors is perfect!
                              Thanks!
                              MSC, this tin cup was put together by Celeste...I bought it a while back, before I fell into the deep end of Tahitian pearls.

I did make something similar for a friend, in sterling. (apologies for the poor photo...colors are much more vibrant in person)Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0658.jpg
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	371500

Then I decided that I didn't like the two keshi on the end of the necklace, near the clasp, so I removed one (which I then proceeded to accidentally scratch) so I crushed it to get a good look at the insides. I also heated it a bit, as I wanted to see how long it would take to damage a pearl with and without heat protection
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0733.jpg
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	371501

I will take a photo of the revised design before I send it out to my friend...instead of two keshi, I used one stone and one keshi near the clasp.
                              Last edited by JerseyPearl; 01-11-2017, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Pearly Whites, that is a fantastic strand of keshi...I would want a rope too.

Comment

Working...
                                X