Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I never liked rules :) That is why when my guy friends made fun of my love of pearls, I felt vindicated when they started asking me to make pieces for them with tahitian keshi (after seeing some of my own creations with black spinel) funny what a particularly cool and oddly shaped pearl can do LoL

Thank you JerseyPearl, hanadama and Pearly-whites :)
Beautiful Tahitians Pearl Dreams...those colours!!
SunSeeker, that strand looks great! I'm really loving the smaller pearls lately. I also knotted a rope over the weekend and I'm waiting for the right outfit to go with it.

It's interesting how we see pearls as "seasonal" pearls! I could see why PD's husband would pair them with colourful shirts, and why others would consider this as a winter pearl...For me, if I think Tahitian pearls... I think Tahiti, and warmth, and that would draw me to associate it with summer but like the colour of clothing I disregard any rules when it comes to things I wear and what season it is!

Thank you Karman and Pearl Dreams. I want to try knotting some smaller pearls, ~4.5mm, not sure if I'll like the knot size ratio to pearl size.

BPDDC, I'm glad you've been an inspiration to your guy friends. My 2 adult sons are now asking me to make them pearl and leather necklaces as they've just discovered their appreciation for pearls. :)

I tend to wear white pearls in the summer and black pearls in the winter. But now that it's being discussed, I can't really say why. I guess I just automatically sort of followed the "shoe rule" with it, if that's even a rule anymore. But I will probably branch out now. :)

Now about that aging and grown kids thing, I am quite tired of it. If anyone asks, I plan to be fifteen years old from now on and that's that. (1) Feel free to join me! (2) That'll learn 'em, dern 'em. :p

Gorgeous photos lately. I'll have to "pay back" and post some more myself soon. I lurve this thread!

Last edited:
BPDDC, I'm glad you've been an inspiration to your guy friends. My 2 adult sons are now asking me to make them pearl and leather necklaces as they've just discovered their appreciation for pearls. :)

This is awesome. I am always glad when guys embrace gems whatever they might be, but especially pearls.

Thanks Kat :)

Here is your creation!

I'm wearing a Katbran strand today; one of her extreme graduated lavenders. It just arrived from Australia yesterday and I couldn't wait to put it on today! Paired it with lavender button studs that I haven't worn in ages. I'm not a huge fan of buttons, but back when I purchased these (probably 10+ years ago) I was young and broke and round freshwaters were rare and expensive still.

IMG_0864.JPG

IMG_0865.JPG

The pearls have very good lustre, not metallic but the surface is so smooth that these pearls look like they're coated with a thin layer of resin. Edit: Actually, in my office's lighting, they do look metallic. So maybe they are after all :D

IMG_0863.JPG

I love it Kat!!! So very pretty :D

Last edited:
I never liked rules :) That is why when my guy friends made fun of my love of pearls, I felt vindicated when they started asking me to make pieces for them with tahitian keshi (after seeing some of my own creations with black spinel) funny what a particularly cool and oddly shaped pearl can do LoL

Good for you, BPDDC! I admire men (and women) who are brave enough to overcome male/female fashion boundaries and wear what they like. I mean, it wasn't that long ago (looking at entire history of humanity) that men would wear diamonds, gemstones, pearls, high heels, pink, etc. I'm not sure what happened. You rock those pearls!

Very nice strand, Karman! Looks perfect with your buttons! I am a big fan of buttons as my ears don't easily support posts with larger round pearls. And what you said in response to BPDDC, spot on! :)

Thanks everyone! And for your beautiful work Kat ;)

MSC inspired necklace today. I made these with Tahitian keshis from druzydesigns...as usual, pearl quality is amazing and there was a good variety of colour in the mini strand I chose. I wanted to wear my baroque akoya strand with this blouse, but I have my hair up in a bun today so I think I'd look a little TOO formal for my business casual office.

IMG_0874.JPG

Back to wearing my own jewelry this week, sort of.

My little h pendant got a workout this week with my Pearl Paradise pistachio and blue akoya necklaces. Kojima drops.

IMG_2651.jpg

Cat's Eye tourmaline. This is the best photo I've ever taken of it. It's hard to capture the eye because it keeps moving as I juggle the phone with my wrong hand.

IMG_2656.jpg

Here be wyverns! Back to Mom's stuff. Handwoven shawl, by me.

IMG_2658.jpg

And little h again on the PP pistachio akoyas necklace, and metallic drops.

IMG_2672.jpg

Handwoven shawl, but not by me.

IMG_2674.jpg

Shadow makes the pearls look better, but bright sunlight makes the emeralds sparkle.

Last edited:
Karman--Beautiful Keishi and so wearable! It is fun to see MSC's creative influence. I love casual pearls.

BW--you continue to amaze with your collection. Thank you for all of the beautiful posts!

Back