Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thanks everyone! And for your beautiful work Kat ;)

MSC inspired necklace today. I made these with Tahitian keshis from druzydesigns...as usual, pearl quality is amazing and there was a good variety of colour in the mini strand I chose. I wanted to wear my baroque akoya strand with this blouse, but I have my hair up in a bun today so I think I'd look a little TOO formal for my business casual office.

View attachment 50110

I need to play catchup with this thread, but I'm blushing! Gorgeous necklace, Karman, so fun!

Today it's La Perlagrina from Kamoka and my opal and Tahitian drops from Kojima.

IMG_2681.jpg

And this is rather embarrassing.
I really, really, really, really, really, really do not need to buy any jewelry, especially this month . . .
and then THIS jumped into my cart on the Kojima website.
I swear, it wasn't my fault.

IMG_2684.jpg

It's going to be a great summer necklace because I won't sweat into the pearls.
The photo is under artificial light, so the colors don't show up well at all.

IMG_2685.jpg

It has everything I've admired about all your Tin Cup necklaces. The chain is fairly substantial. The layout of the pearls is asymmetrical, but balanced. These are my first Tahitian keshi pearls and they have nice smooth shiny surfaces and lots of different colors and sizes. And I love the drop at the bottom. The necklace is light and easy to wear. I can see why you all love your Tin Cups.

IMG_2686.jpg

It's going to look great with my black and white Tahitian studs from Kamoka.

Most tin cups leave me cold. The ones I really like belong to you ladies, and are usually made by you (or specially for you), and are one of a kind beauties.

Love the new necklace BW and that ring is so pretty. ( and of course all the other lovely pieces ! )

I went to Kojima but I found ,with my ever weakening eyesight , the menu column was hard to read with that pale colour. Pictures look good though .

Hmmm - I just went to the web site on my computer and it looks very different. Though I must say I like having the prices right there rather than scrolling over ..but it makes for a prettier page.

Maybe I was looking at the site from my phone before..now I have to go take a look again. lol

Last edited:
BWeaves, that necklace is so lovely! Sarah has the most exquisite taste in choosing Tahitian keshi :)

Karman, you did an amazing job on the keshi tin cup! It looks beautiful! I also love your new graduated pearls from Katbran. Stunning!

BWeaves, I love your new necklace! Is this your first tin cup?? It really suits you.

Finally got around to stringing my 2 light silver T strands from PP into this rope. Pearls are 6-10mm. It's 9pm here and the lighting is terrible (apologies I'm wearing what we call 'bum' clothes here in Ausralia) but I couldn't resist sharing a photo.

IMG_8136.jpg

IMG_8140.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, those silver Ts are stunning. That's an impressive necklace!

Here's a daylight shot of my new Tin Cup from Kojima. It shows the colors better.
Yes, my first Tin Cup and my first Tahitian keshies. I don't think it'll be the last. I think I'm in love.

IMG_2687.jpg

And worn with my B/W Komoka studs.

IMG_2703.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks ladies!

BWeaves, the colours are really great. I especially love that little golden keshi.

Took a couple of photos this morning in natural light, with my baby dark silver peacock/cherry rope.

IMG_8150.jpg

IMG_8165.jpg

IMG_8153.jpg

IMG_8154.jpg

Last edited:
Bweaves - your tin cup has interesting layout and keshis are cute. I agree asymmetrical balance is more attractive
Hanadama - i love pearl ropes and your s look great!
Thanks for all your appreciation for my gssp ring. Have been totally busy this week helping in shifting of office
MsC- the local jeweller is Lee Hwa they do not deal exclusively in pearls. On occasion they do have some nice pieces and they carry some range from Yoko London. :)

BWeaves, that Tahitian keshi tin cup is just so wonderful!

Well done, Hanadama ... perfect compliment to your "baby" rope.

BW--Amazing tin cup from Kojima Pearls! I have been enjoying their new website and it looks like you grabbed an absolute stunner from Sarah.

Hanadama--your ropes are envious, and put together are so gorgeous!!

These are absolutely beautiful! I think you made a good decision in getting rid of the beads!

Back