My pearls

Thank you Cricketbug, 86Corvettegirl and Pattye. Will show them on when I have some light. It was dark before I was finished with them. I think that I will use them with the aquamarine studs tomorrow.

Beautiful, Charlotta ... I adore the look of that clasp with the pearls!

Very beautiful, would love to see a neck shot and the clasp worn down the side!

Thank you Gemandpearllover, CathyKeshi and Happy Huka. I tried to take a neckshot after work today, but it was to dark. I'm really happy about finally getting pearls that I love for this clasp. In real life the pearls remind me of icecream, though icecream rarely comes in blue. It might be because they shift in pink and green.

Beautiful piece Charlotta. The combination of the aquamarines and blue akoyas is fabulous!

What a great combination of pearls, gems and thread color! Now we need neckshots.

Thank you suchi, Bweaves and JerseyPearl. The triple strand really did turn out great.

Wirewrapped some of the remaining bluish akoyas into a dainty choker with 0,4 mm silver wire.
_20190303_095519.jpg
The earrings are the ones a bought a while back from Wendy at Pearlescence. They were treader earrings that I put on shepardhooks instead because I didn't like the feeling of the treader parts in my ears.
20170917 235524
20170918 000201

Love the neck shot of the blue akoyas and aquamarine clasp on the other thread, they look wonderful on you.
Thank you for sharing!

I rewirewrapped a pair of earrings as well. The tahitians had previous a pair of white keshis on them. But I removed the keshis and added a golden south sea pearl on each earring instead. First the old ones.
_20190303_165419.jpg
Then the new ones.
_20190303_165302.jpg
With my tahitian and golden strand.
_20190303_164940.jpg
I think that they look nice together.
_20190303_164958.jpg

I liked the original design too, but can see why you changed the keshi out. The new earrings match perfectly with your strand!

Oh yes, lovely and harmonious!

Last edited:
Lovely earring. With the change, they now match beautifully with your necklace! I liked them in their original design, too.

I love those goldens and Tahitians. I have seen others before that look jarring, but yours are harmonious.
The blue akoyas with the aqua clasp are beautiful. Could you please post the neck shots on this thread, too? Can't find where you have them elsewhere.

Thank you 86Corvettegirl, I agree they were pretty before but I just had to try with the golden pearls. I like them better now.
2thdktr, I have seen some mixed strands to that looks jarring, but this one doesn't. Maybe it's because there is less contrast between the pearls. The tahitians aren't that dark and the goldens not a very deep gold. There are also some tahitians in the strand that have a warmer hue, for exampel that copper pearl. Originally I had decided to mix the strand with white south seas, but the goldens were next to them, so I put them next to the tahitian strand and then I just had to string it. I didn't even need to redo it. Some of my poor pearls have been restrung so many times that I don't remember how they were when I bought them or from whom I bought them. This was before I started taking pictures of them though.

Forgot the neckshots. First the bluish akoyas with the aquamarine clasp. The photos didn't turn out that good.
_20190303_120930.jpg
naturalpearl3
Then the akoya tincup.
_20190303_121043.jpg
And my tahitian and golden strand.
_20190303_120911.jpg
The bluish akoyas looks more icecreamy in real life. Also much more luster.

Back