My pearls

I love how you mixed the goldens with the Tahitians, especially lovely. Your Rikiteas are wow!

Thank you 2thdktr. It's funny that the tahitians in the strand with the goldens and the strand with the white baroque pearls are from the same strand. When they are next to the goldens they have more earthy colortones, next to the whites they are more bluish.

What size are the blue Akoyas that you'll use with the lovely clasp, @Charlotta? I think blue Akoyas are one of my all-time fave pearl colours! Well, I do love most all pearls, but the blue ones seem extra special to me. :)

Postal service are delaying my bluish pearls of course so I'm playing with leftover pearls. I also have a terrible cold, had to go home earlier than usually from work yesterday since I got a fever, I never do that (haven't had a fever in years). No fever today, yay. Some of these poor pearls have been abandoned for years since I took the best ones for other projects. There are quiet a lot of fishbites in many of the tahitians and some marks on the south seas as well. But they look pretty 30cm away. They also looks terrific in the lightbox, of course. They are on a tempstrand now. Thinking about knotting them into a really long rope. Could be fun. Offered to lend it to not-husband, who rudely refused to wear it, he has the same cold.
_20190223_123007.jpg
_20190223_122940.jpg
Kitten helpt to rearrange some of the pearls by smacking them of the pearlboard with her paw.

Last edited:
Well it's now 143cm long, or about 56 inches and pretty heavy. I strung it with Beaders secret in fog since the south seas aren't superwhite. It's possible to double and making it look like 2 different necklaces. I added some silvery tahitians or south seas to make sort of an ombre effect out of it.
_20190223_155811.jpg
_20190223_155909.jpg
_20190223_155940.jpg
I renewed a pair of earrings as well. It wasn't anything wrong with them before but since I generally prefere studs these dangly earrings didn't get much use, so added some of the previous smelly keshis. They are now really dangly.
_20190223_155548.jpg
_20190223_155737.jpg

Wow, you’re so speedy at wire wrapping - I’m still learning, and it takes me ages (and lots of re-dos). The earrings look great. So many lovely pearls here. The rikiteas are stunning, of course, but I especially love the colours and quirky shapes in that long drop Tahitian rope.

Love a good 3 drop earring (my personal favorites to wear). Yours turned out great!

Thanh you SydK, the drop tahitian rope is so fun and colorful, I like it better as a rope than I did when I had them in 2strands. You soon get better at wirewrapping, you just have to keep on practice. Wendy at Pearlescence has a really helpful video on her site, it helps to see how to hold your hands and tools and such.
Thank you Marianne, I think I like the earrings more like this to.
Had so much fun playing with my new leftover strand yesterday evening. There is a lot of ways to wear it accually (not-husband was no fun, in bed with a fever all day).

My bluish akoyas from Pearlescence arrived yesterday. I can finally start working on my project. But first the dentist for a checkup and the the doctors office for checking up on my allergies. Then I can start. Here they are in a heap on one of my beading boards.
_20190227_085250.jpg
I think that I will use Beaders secret in sky, to enhance the color of the pearls. Last night I had a debate with not-husband about if they should be nested or all of them the same lenght. He said nested, but I think they look better if they aren't so formal. Had to show not-husband with my other akoyas, I think that he sees my point. And I can always redo them if I change my mind.

Last edited:
Those are beautiful blues and will look wonderful with the clasp. I have a secret soft spot for rice krispy pearls, but the blues will be better. Agree that not nested is less formal and easier to wear on a day to day basis.

It's finished. Them same lenght of strand worked out just fine. I can wear it with the clasp on the back or on the sides of the neck. The pearls looks lovely with the aquamarine. I used Pattyes Beaders secret in sky.
_20190227_171834.jpg
_20190227_171814.jpg
_20190227_171757.jpg
I choose 2 earring options for this strand. I did buy some lovely blue akoyadrops from Wendy at Pearlescence when I bought the first strand, but they have silver findings. I could dunk them in aceton and change to gold findings but I think that I will leave them as they are because I have some bluish akoyas left. I am thinking about wirewrapping them on some finer gauge silver wire, 0,4mm, so new project again. However I do have a pair of aquamarine studs with yellow gold, that matches the aquamarine and also the pearls and a pair of very small dangly akoya earrings, that matches the small white akoyas in the clasp. I bought these smallish earrings on an auction years ago, with a pearlstrand that I gave my mother.
_20190227_171716.jpg
And lets play where are the aquamarines....
_20190227_171741.jpg

Last edited:
Oooooh, so beautiful, Charlotta! I love the clasp with the blue Akoyas! If these were in my treasure trove, I'd wear the aquamarine earrings with the strand, and the clasp on the side where it could be seen and adored. :D

Gorgeous, Charlotta!! I love the Aquamarine combined with blue Akoya. Would love to see a mod shot!!

Last edited:
Back