My pearls

Today I made a tincup out of some of my remaining greenish south sea pearls from Kongspearl. I put the middle pearl on a lobsterclasp so that I can exchange it.
_20190209_171129.jpg
_20190209_171157.jpg
With my alligator Thomas Sabo charm.
_20190209_171217.jpg
I then made a bunch of pearlcharms with lobsterclasps. This one is a tahitian pearl, the biggest one from the baroque tahitians I bought from Cees.
_20190209_171234.jpg
With the charms I made and the alligator.
_20190209_171256.jpg
And without alligator.
_20190209_171315.jpg
With my greenish strand.
_20190209_171336.jpg
_20190209_171405.jpg
The alligator charm is a favorite of mine. I often wear it on a silver chain, especially in the summer when it's sometimes to hot to wear strands.

I love those green ssps, esp the tin cup! I bought an entire spool of Ivory BS from Pattye a few years ago and use it often, for things other than pearls!

Thank you lisa c, amti and Katbran. I am thinking of buying a big spool of Beaders secret in ivory, since I'm always out of it. I have also finished one in taupe and almost one of fog, forest and navy so those are also on stuck in custom. They will be released, I have paid the taxes on them, but sometimes the custom together with the swedish postal service holds the for a week after taxes being paid. They aren't really fast. Ordered needles to, I always manage to break them.
I love my new tincup. It's great when it's to hot to wear strands, even though I wear them all year around.

Thank you Marianne. My eyes and hands don't like me today, as always when I wirewrap for hours. I always tell myself that I will stop after an hour, then I end up finishing the whole necklace and some more. Also forgot about lunch and a very late dinner as well. Not-husband was also busy renovating a room upstairs so he didn't even notice about lunch. We are making a library in one of the rooms upstairs, since we both love books. Since the children moved away from home we don't really use the upstairs rooms. Not-husband had of course proffesional help from kitten...She help me to with the greenish pearls. I arranged them, she hit them with her paw. I told her that she was a bad kitten, she hit them again. Then she had to go help not-husband... He was trilled of course since he had broken up the floor...

Love the kitten stories, Charlotta, in addition to the pearl adventures, of course.

I should let you know that, thanks to you, I have taken to calling our daughter's partner my not-son-in-law. People laugh, because it isn't a term they have heard before, but they also immediately understand their relationship. Thank you.

Red, thats so funny. I call him my not-husband because we aren't married. I have been married tvice before and he one time. I don't feel thats something we have to do. And in sweden usually not frowned upon. Calling him partner seems wierd, don't know why so not-husband it is.

Such lovely pieces!

Beautiful work, Charlotta! I love the tin cup. They're great when it's too hot to wear a full strand. You have been very busy with your pearls! Your kitten story reminds me of when my oldest Rottweiler was a puppy & would "help" with the laundry. I would be putting items in the dryer & she would take them out & pile them on the floor. At 10 yrs old, she will still help with the laundry but now she will pick up a piece from the basket & hold it for me to put in the washer.

86Corvettegirl, so there might be hope for kitten yet. Maybe she will be less destructive when grown. I have never had a kitten this wild before though, but she is so very funny mostly we forgive her.

There's always hope. She will probably calm down when she gets older but will likely still be playful. At least she's not trying to eat your pearls.

Well she did steal some loose pearls and bounced them on the floor in the middle of the night. It was the smelly freshwater keshis that I was airing out. Had to get up and save them. On the other hand she did find a tiny akoya that I dropped and couldn't find.

Took some photos of all my tincups.
miki3
From the right : greenish south seas, white baroque south seas, drop tahitians, baroque circled slightly bigger tahitians and lastly 2 tincups with smaller greener circled tahitians.
_20190210_190024.jpg
_20190210_190115.jpg
The last one is my practice tincup. The very first. I found it yesterday. I used my worst south sea pearls and tahitians. The south sea pearl have white spots and the tahitians are very blemished. I started in one end with white south seas, when I didn't have any more i continued with the tahitians. It have sort of an ombre effect.
_20190210_185954.jpg
It looks better in the lightbox than it does in real life. I don't ever wear this one.
_20190210_190008.jpg

I know what you mean about wrapper's fatigue, Charlotta! So hard to quit when you are on a roll. A handy man not-husband sounds ideal :)

Thank you 86Corvettegirl and Marianne. Yes Marianne, a handyman is ideal, though he sort of ruined dinner today when I was late from work. I am trying to save the food. Guess you cannot get everything.

I love your tin cups Charlotta- they are beautiful. I would definitely wear your practice tin-cups. They would be the perfect summer pearls for me when I am enjoying nature's beauty that is made perfect by not being perfect.

Back