Secrets of the Gem Trade

GemGeek

Pearlista
Pearls are a small part of this book, but it's simply fabulous!

https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/content.php?353-Secrets-of-the-Gem-Trade

monili for book review.jpg

I've always wondered about this book (being a book-a-holic and gem-a-holic). Thank you. I will have to buy it now.

As a veteran of many a press check, who's learned the incredible value of a great press operator ... you had me at "spot varnish" lol. Off to add this to my library, with thanks for the reminder and the review Blaire.

Spot varnish is adding an extra run to put varnish to "spot" or highlight something. In this case it is photos, but often, a logo or design will also be spot varnished so that it will be shiny against the flat background of the paper - to make it stand out. In the case of photographs, they usually varnish the whole page. It's more elegant to just varnish the photo.

My copy of the new Second Edition just arrived in the mail today. I turned right to the pearls and saw those stunners. It looks like this book is bigger (literally), and better than ever.

My copy of the new Second Edition just arrived in the mail today. I turned right to the pearls and saw those stunners. It looks like this book is bigger (literally), and better than ever.

Yes, Red, it's quite a bit bigger and so beautiful. Even the lining.

It's on the regular hard cover. Check Amazon. I haven't seen the special edition, but I will see it here in Tucson. The regular hardcover is outstanding enough.

Back