Pearls at the V&A

Winterson

Community member
This will be special!

From Professional Jeweller
http://www.professionaljeweller.com...-of-pearls-to-wow-at-autumn-vampa-exhibition/

The V&A museum in London is set to host a large-scale historical exhibition of more than 200 pieces of pearl jewellery and pearl objets d'art.

The showcase will open in September with an array of historical pearl jewellery, artwork and objects including tiaras worn by European nobility and cultured pearls owned by Marilyn Monroe.

Andrew

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, someone quick! Throw me a plane ticket to London... I can't bear the thought. It's just 1.5 hours flight (and 1.5 hour by tube...)

- Karin

Me, probably in Dec or Jan, and may go and see a show to make the most of a day out in London.

DK :)

Cannot promise at all that I'll be going. It would easily be $300, probably more, by the time I added all the expenses and I tend to spend all my money on submission for fine art photography these days. I might, though :)

- Karin

Hopefully they would allow cameras inside.

The Queen's diamonds exhibition at Buck House did not allow cameras to be taken. I can appreciate it due to security reasons, however, it may have something to do with a very plush coffee table book being publish for the occasion too!

DK :)

Yes, I think DK is right unfortunately as the current V&A Bowie exhibit does not also allow photography...but will see what is possible!

Andrew

Back