Pearls and Royalty

Cees

Tahiti cultured pearls worn by HRH Queen Maxima of The Netherlands during her state visit to Korea earlier this week.
What do you think?

Cees
www.amsterdampearls.com

Attachments

• maxima2.jpg
    maxima2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 33
;)Whimsical, darling, as opposed to silly. Whimsical...;)

Is that a matching brooch on the left? How lovely.

She looks beautiful. I actually wish the US would embrace whimsical, fun hats in the same way that Europe does. Basically the only event that here that has over the top hats is the Kentucky Derby.

compared to the good jewelry piece the family has this is not that special :) they own quite some of the best pearl pieces in the world

these are natural pearls and the tiara from around 1900 and called the anna pauwlona tiara its a copy of the original one that one was made in 1840 and no one except the person who has it in his safe knows where it is, probable went to a other blood line of the familie around 1850 to 1900

prinses-Maxima-by-Erwin-Olaf.jpg

then there is another big pearl piece the wurttemberg tiara that can be worn with or without pearls

beatrix_wurtemberg.jpg

and then there are lots of earrings and necklaces but not as impressive as these pieces

I really like the hat, but not with what she is wearing. The expanse of silver fabric is overwhelming in combination. If it was cut in a nice V to show some skin in between.... (I know, so opinionated!) :)

I also loved Aretha's hat and all the crowns and tiaras. I have a tiara book!

Perhaps the silver fabric expanse is a good foil to the Silly Hat.
Not that I think it's silly. I find it much preferable to the staid if not frumpy hats favored by HMQE2.
Also, one might hope the Silver Expanse is relieved or balanced by the lower unpictured part of the outfit.
And, Personally I find it so refreshing to see a Crowned Head not looking like a lampshade, and good for her for wearing something new and personally chosen in jewelry, rather than the crown jewels.

OK, I like the shiny silk flower hat, and the earrings are beautiful, but more important, she looks so happy :)

Besides it's always difficult to wear earrings with long hair, but the way the earrings are worn with her hair is perfect anyway.

Back