Engagement Ring + Jewelery set (Necklace, Bracelet and Earrings)

Ahmedtiko

Ok, So I've been with my GF for like 7 years and I am proposing very soon. There is nothing more important to me than making her happy and I just found out that she is not into diamonds and she is more into pearls.

so i started looking at options when it comes to pearls, and i am starting to get educated about the quality of the pearl and the size and color...etc

my questions are:

what are reputable/prestigious pearl brands that i can buy from online? (I live in Dubai and I will get it shipped there)

also, what is the pearl that I'm looking at? something that would make her happier than ever? South Sea Pearls? Akoyo?...??

my budget for the whole thing should ideally not exceed $6,000 :)

Thanks
Tiko

Hi and welcome.

My advice since you are on the Persian Gulf is to get a natural pearl from the Gulf itself. It will last a lifetime of wear and be as no other pearl could be since this marriage is so closely associated with Dubai and the gulf region. No other pearl can come close. IMO.

That budget should buy you a very good one in a nice setting. I know they have baskets of them in the museum. Do they have an old fashioned natural pearl jeweler in Dubai? Find out.

You can always pop over to Bahrain, where nothing but natural pearls are for sale.

Hi caitlin, have you got any natural persian gulf pearl pictures?

Ahmedtiko, go for it! That is a pretty big budgets to get some awesome engagement pieces in my opinion. Keep checking back in the forums!

Hi and welcome.

My advice since you are on the Persian Gulf is to get a natural pearl from the Gulf itself. It will last a lifetime of wear and be as no other pearl could be since this marriage is so closely associated with Dubai and the gulf region. No other pearl can come close. IMO.

That budget should buy you a very good one in a nice setting. I know they have baskets of them in the museum. Do they have an old fashioned natural pearl jeweler in Dubai? Find out.

You can always pop over to Bahrain, where nothing but natural pearls are for sale.

I would agree, natural pearls are the way to go. They have a beauty all their own. You have a budget that will allow some choices, please let us know what you decide.

All those are beauteous, but cultured.

An authentic natural Persian Gulf pearl has a cachet and mystique, no other pearl can touch.

You may search the world over, but the best natural pearls are in your home territory. literally at your feet. Do some quick research on Bahraini or Basra or Persian Gulf pearls- they are all the same thing.

A natural pearl is the best choice for a ring that will be worn daily. Though of course, the others are options too- they just aren't natural.

http://www.mattarjewelers.com/ For one of the oldest Houses of Pearls around. arabic and English website

He wants a necklace, bracelet and earrings as well tho... IMHO you need to sort out the type of pearls she likes. Perhaps a cruise by a nice jewelry store and window shop the pearls to see if she likes the natural pearls or the cultured white or tahitian or either the white or gold SS or akoyas. Once you know that it will be easier to sort out the best place to buy them. Very thoughtful of you by the way :)

Back