loose pearl storage

dmj

pppp pearl
hey guys

i was wondering if someone has a good address for pearl storage supplies i almost used all my pearl holding cards so need a couple hundred to go on for a while only nobody here sells them anymore ( used to be rubin and son ) now nobody here has them anymore i think

so right now i searsch for a new supplier for the cardboards and plastic strips where you stick pearls on ?

parelkaart 2.jpg

and sometimes i see quite nice leather boxes with holes for loose pearls no idea if these where made custom otherwise i would be very happy if i knew who makes things like this ?

thanks
daniel

The sticky stuff is decorating masking tape I think . You could prob make for yourself with some card, a hole punch and a roll of tape. Or beg for some when in HK!

yup i use to put gymnastic tape behind the cards so the sticky stuff does not stay on the pearl

making myself if a option only don't really look forward punching a thousand holes in the same position and straight etc etc i use to pay 30 euro for a big box that last me the last three years so hope to find that again

there also plastic ones that would even be better because when working in my workspace and always having dirty hands the white cardboard turns black after touching them 5 times :)

otherwise hong kong will be it :) but since there are tens of company s here that use them im pretty sure there will be someone who knows where they from

agree, plastic ones where you can clean them and change the tape when it gets unsticky would be useful - if you get a source can you let me know?

Someone must be making them..certainly there are card ones but yes, plastic would be great. can I suggest you ask around in HK? ( I have an idea you said you are going to the next show)

My boss purchased some at the Hong Kong jewellery show last year. They weren't cheap and I believe it was from a Japanese supplier. If I can dig up the name I will let you know.

Derek, is it AlfaMirage?

I saw the pearl cards in their e-catalog. There's a beading company here that is dealing with them, so I asked if they could help getting me those cards. But the reply was "the company only accepted order for huge quantity, because they usually supply to pearl farms."
I asked again how many "huge quantity" actually is, since I was thinking maybe I could gather enough people to purchase the MoQ, but no reply yet.

At this point, I'm thinking to make the cards myself too, or maybe request custom-order to local acrylic company.

i think there is quite a business for someone who can supply these to the world haha :)

No doubt! It makes you wonder if they might be useful for other things besides pearls... Heck, a necklace shape for beading would be a godsend.

I don't think it was that company, I think my boss only purchased 50 plastic trays.

So Noble pack is the american distributer for these plastic pearl holders.

No doubt! It makes you wonder if they might be useful for other things besides pearls... Heck, a necklace shape for beading would be a godsend.

I found some, using search terms "sticky bead mat" and "tacky beat mat", including one made by Beadsmith and another made by Beadalon.
The Beadalon Tacky Bead Mat is smaller and I could see using this for storage. The Beadsmith one is great for design as it's large.

I didn't know these existed but I am definitely getting one! No more crawling on the floor looking for dropped beads, LOL.
(Edit: Just bought one from Etsy; the seller had more: http://www.etsy.com/listing/91203081/beadsmith-extra-large-xl-sticky-bead-mat)
Rio Grande carries them, too: http://www.riogrande.com/Product/Beadsmith-Extra-Large-Double-Sided-Sticky-Bead-Mat/111783?pos=1

Google the terms and look at images.

Check out this video:

Last edited:
Back