9.50 ct Conch Pearl

Suzi

My husband found this beautiful conch pearl whilst cleaning his conch last weekend and we think we have found something pretty special.

It is 9.50cts, purple pink, gorgeous flame and a beautiful shape. I never thought I would get to see something this beautiful in my lifetime, never mind find it!

Attachments

• IMG_1926.jpg
    IMG_1926.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1932.jpg
    IMG_1932.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 37
very nice flame and color! - any plans to mount it as jewelry? Looks tailor made for a pendant.

What wonderful luck to find a beautiful and rare gem! Enjoy it in good health. :cool:

That is amazing! Thanks for sharing your amazing find!!

Hi Suzi,
that is a very nice and quite big conch pearl! Beautiful colour and flame, absolutely! Where did you find it (geographically)?
Congratulations, Sven

Thank you everybody... I had never really paid much attention to them before, but when we found this I started to look and it seems to be pretty rare to find one so pink and so large.

@pearlgem - We live in Grand Cayman. I'm from the UK though so can't take any credit. I was at home doing the house work :)

We don't have a clue what to do with it.... I think your right that it must be a pendant and we have a couple of people here on the island who work with them.

But to sell or not to sell...? We are only a young couple and I'm not really sure when I would get the chance to wear something so special. Can I ask if any one has any advice how we could go about selling this, if that's what we decide?

Suzi, beautiful pearl and amazing that you guys found it. I also live in Grand Cayman and would be happy to give you advice about selling your pearl if you are interested. I also mount pearls and I can show you a few ideas from past pieces I have done. You can send me a PM and I will let you know my contact number.

Regards,

-Nick.

A really outstanding flame and color.
This :"whilst cleaning his conch" really makes me dream : having a collection of conches, reviewing them and coming accross a pretty one, not seen before ; what an adventure!

Really a very nice pearl of clear commercial interest?

Recalls this prior post describing a similar, albeit less successful, experience.

That is about the prettiest color conch pearl I have seen! Lucky you. I hope you never have to sell it- you will never get it back. And a store bought replacement when you are old and secure will never be the same.

Back