Metallic multicolored 9-10mm

imanit

Baroque Pearl
Here it is.
I mentioned in different post that I got my best yet metallic round (almost) pearls.
From 2 strands i bought, I rejected about half of one strand.

THIS IS THE REST OF THEM:
IMG_5756.jpgIMG_5759.jpgIMG_5762.jpgIMG_5765.jpg

I never bought metallics from PP, so I don't know how they compare. To me they are beautiful. On first picture I show them with Freshadamas.

Love the golden sheen to them! You've done well! :)

yes. I removed some dark ones that did not need removing. They just did not look right in the mix. I was placing all the pearls 3 times on a wire to make sure that the flow of the colors is pleasant. I'm a bit obsessive, I guess... LoL....

Beautiful Ivona. Neck shot please. What is your plan for the leftover pearls?

Beautiful Ivona. Neck shot please. What is your plan for the leftover pearls?

Most of leftover pearls are of little lower quality: luster is not distributed evenly over the surface (metallic on one side and "regular" one on the other). Probably I'll make a bracelet and a tin-cup necklace and... sell those to somebody who is less picky than I'm..LoL... Some purples in the lot of "rejected" pearls are really nice, so maybe they will end up in earrings...

Now I NEED white metallic pearls... LoL... there is always something I need when it comes to pearls.

I am surprised you don't have any yet! They are important to any collection. They will have you wearing white pearls, even if - like me- you usually don't.
I hope the Edison makers can come up with that color. It would be great to see them in a huge size.

Hi Caitlin
There are white Edisons, both big and shiny for one white) and smaller (although these are creamy white rather than white white and have some minor flaws)n_big_bead_nuked_multi_AAA_vermeil_cl_hk_2764.jpgn white edisons 9-10.3498.jpg Edison's tend to have reasonably okay rather than metallic lustre

Last edited:
I see one white pearl in the first link, but it looks like a rice pearl. I don't see anything like the metallic whites on my strand. And when I think Edison I think 15mm plus- I guess I need to expand my Edison vocabulary....

A few Edisons are very large, yes, but they are also starting production of 9-10mms. The oval shape on that multi necklace is some trick of perspective. it is round. Not all Edisons are metallic. In fact most aren't

Lovely color there, Amrita!

I guess these are what Pacific Pearls refers to as "in-body bead-nucleated freshwater pearls"? (article: http://pacificpearls.us/in-body-bead-nucleated-freshwater-pearls/)

Catherine Cardellini is calling hers "Moonglow" pearls; Jeremy calls them "Edison".

Is there an industry-wide standard name for this type of pearl, other than the cumbersome descriptive term used by Pacific Pearls?

Lovely color there, Amrita!

I guess these are what Pacific Pearls refers to as "in-body bead-nucleated freshwater pearls"? (article: http://pacificpearls.us/in-body-bead-nucleated-freshwater-pearls/)

Catherine Cardellini is calling hers "Moonglow" pearls; Jeremy calls them "Edison".

Is there an industry-wide standard name for this type of pearl, other than the cumbersome descriptive term used by Pacific Pearls?

Edison pearls are the brand name of the (original?) developer, Grace Pearls. I guess everyone else is another company or pearls sold off by Grace like the Paspaley pearls that don't deserve the Premier brand name....

Back