Cultured pearls ?!?

Libella

Community member
Hello !

I hope to find you and your beloved ones in good health, peacefull minds and tranquility!

I hope i post where i should do it.
I need help - are these cultured pearls ? Teeth test past, size is 6mm and clasp 9K gold.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Pearls.jpg
    Pearls.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Another 2 pictures .
Many tks in advance for your time and answer!
1.jpg
2.jpg
May you enjoy your day, with good health and sunny moments!
Warm regards,
Maria

Yes, they look like cultured pearls.

By the way, "cultured" and "natural" are opposites when it comes to pearls.
Cultured pearls are farmed pearls.
Natural pearls are wild, not farmed, produced by nature without the intervention of humans in the process.

Thank you!
I correct it. I like so much their champagned colour and think to combine it, when restringing.

Welcome, Libella :) Your pearls are a very pretty color! While we often fall in love with the deepest golden color pearls, the color of your pearls is generally a very flattering color on most people. I look forward to see your pearls restrung.

They look like cultured akoyas with some damage. And instead of using your teeth, you can take two pearls from the strand and rub them against each other very lightly and feel the grit. Fake pearls will slide right off each other. Wash them and restring them and they make perk up more!

Thank you for your answer!
I am looking forward to restrung ...still wait for a nice old clasp to receive it (in this pandemic crisis all my orders are so much delayed). As soon as i do it, promise to return with pictures.
Till tahn, i wish you a great day, with lot of health and happy moments!

They look like cultured akoyas with some damage. And instead of using your teeth, you can take two pearls from the strand and rub them against each other very lightly and feel the grit. Fake pearls will slide right off each other. Wash them and restring them and they make perk up more!

ManyTks for your answer and tip!
I will surely give them a good bath and then restrung.
May you have a wonderfull day, with good health and sunny moments!

And for you all are so kind to me, i will need, please, some help with this ones - are they genuine cultured pearls? : 10.jpg11.jpg13.jpg14.jpg17.jpg18.jpg19.jpg18.jpg17.jpg

Last edited:
This picture i took it with some others pearls beside, more yellowish - the necklace is the white one, from down side, aproximattely 7mm, pretty consistently round. The clasp is stamped silver but there is some tarnish or staining on it, so i don't belive is silver.
For me, this necklace has a whitish, greyish and slight pink tone comparing to the other 2.12.jpg

Last edited:
Back