Never clasped Mikimoto Cultured Pearls Worth getting appraised locally?

lauralaw

I do not know much about pearls but these have been sitting in the closet for many years. From what I see online they get sold on ebay auctions from like 500-1000 , retail higher. The one thing I do not see online is never clasped mikimoto's in the box with wax seals.

Here are a few images

Mikimoto ClaspMikimoto Clasp

Never clasped Mikimoto Cultured PearlsNever clasped Mikimoto Cultured Pearls Worth getting appraised locally?

This looks very special. I can’t say for certain that it’s authentic from photos but it does look special like I said.
Good luck finding someone locally that knows their pearls. 🤷‍♀️

you could probably find a buyer without the appraisal. Just take good photos and put on eBay for your asking price OBO
Hope this helps

Ebay or are there better sites for pearls? Want to sell them to someone but also want to know if this is a rare never sold bunch lol. Maybe from a heist and passed down the line lol
lol I don’t know, perhaps. I like eBay, yes. It’s the only place I use for sales due to their high volume of customers, so you get a huge audience.
If you know anyone locally who could help you out selling. Someone who has a background in selling pearls so maybe like a “consignment” I believe they call it.
I’d be willing to help if you want but I understand the need for someone local. :)

so far little luck, i reached out tonight to online sites that state they will look at the photos. I did some more research and the clasp appears to be 1940's "could be wrong" Possibly bought in japan as the few i found with wax the comments mentioned bought overseas vs at a local jewelry shop. I guess i need to keep looking. Would like them to go to a nice home that will appreciate them

Back