You All See This PP Blog Post???

So good to see you here, jeg! Looking forward to pics of your lovely strand!

Ok, I'm using an iPad, so I'll see if this works-
Purchased this at the Ruckus, but I have to admit I have another one waiting for me at PP. I decided I also wanted one with the blue keshi mix, but I have been out of town so I haven't had it sent.

Hah! I remember your strand, and thinking that it had lots of similar sized ovals/drops. How wonderful that you picked up another one. So excited to see your other beauty.

Newberry, you make my heart pitter-patter with those goldens. Can i nominate you to do a 365 days of pearls after BN? I "heard" you have 32 strands of tahitians ;)

Sorry to disappoint you but I only have 22 strands (including ropes, tin cups) of Tahitians. Many I have bought doubles of to wear together and not as single strands. My total collection used to be bigger but I have given over thirty strands away to friends and family. I'm down to a little over 50 total strands of pearls. I thank you for thinking of me to do this.

I think our dear JEG could do a thread with ease and thrill everyone. She brought just some of her treasures to the ruckus this past summer and did a couple of hours of show and tell.

Baby Nurse's collection will strand as the one we all will to aspire to.

Last edited:
So good to see you here on PG, Jeg! Lucky lady with 2 harvest strands!

While we wait for jeg's other SS harvest strand to arrive, I'll post pictures of mine in this thread. I considered getting a longer strand to wear doubled, but in the end opted for this 38" beauty. Douglas, the Sea of Cortez pearl farmer, was admiring the keshi in this piece. Since they are placed near the back of the strand, I generally wear mine so the odd shaped keshi in the back will show. The silver blue pearls in my strand are also located at the back.

A couple of quick shots with my cell phone camera using the PP light box.

20170730_132505c.jpg

20170730_132844c.jpg

Holding in my hand at home next to a sunny window with the summer morning light.

20170805_153112c.jpg

And, finally, a neck shot. I love the variety of pearl shapes and sizes in this strand. I've also layered on my pistachio baroque akoya, just because.

20170812_113829c.jpg

Last edited:
Here are two pictures that I took on Sunday of the gold strands.

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

Thank you, newberry. That table is where I spent most of my Sunday afternoon. I was so mesmerized by these magnificent strands.

jeg! jeg!! jeg!!! What a delightful surprise :) Your GSS strand is really lovely; so different ... and I can't wait to see your second strand!!!!!!

Red, also a lovely strand, and so perfect for you ... and if Douglas loved it, good enough for me any day of the week :)

Red, also a lovely strand, and so perfect for you ... and if Douglas loved it, good enough for me any day of the week :)

You know it, sister! That, and newberry noting that since my strand had mostly rounds and ovals, and not many drops, allowing it to be worn in any orientation, were what put me over. I loved the great variety of shapes, and I was also looking for big dark goldens. I loved that the center front pearl was a big golden, which is why I grabbed this strand to begin with.

Hey everyone! It's like partying all over again! Red, I think I spent most of the day hanging out at that table with you. In fact, I believe that is my elbow on my second strand in Newberry's first photo. I am flying to LA to play in the vault with Imgarden in a little over a week and will pick it up then. Woo hoo!

Newberry that is one gorgeous SS harvest strand. How long is it? I also love the layering you did with other strands. I don't even have mine yet, and I am thinking of shortening it to 34 or 36" and making a tin cup with the rest so I can layer. Otherwise, I will always have to double it since it is 54". The necklace should arrive tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Thank you Luv. I really love to layer my pearls. The more the merrier I think. My strand is 40 inches including the large Orbit clasp. On the tag it said 37 inches when I chose it. I loved the pearls and how it looked but the one draw back is that it was on the short side for me in a rope. I loved this one the best so I went with it being on the short side. Once it was restrung and the clasp added it ended being 40 inches which I love. It looks great doubled too. Yours could be longer when it arrives ;)

Ah jeg, my Ruckus roomie!! I'm so happy to see you've posted!!
You have an extraordinary collection, and your 2 new GSS harvest strands surely will take it to a new high. I'm so looking forward to our vault play date, and seeing your loot!!!!

All you ladies have glorious GSS strands...I'll have to live through you all, as I had to choose between GSS and Fiji's.., it was a tough call!

Thank you, newberry. That table is where I spent most of my Sunday afternoon. I was so mesmerized by these magnificent strands.

Me too Red. Even though I already had my strand and it was even around my neck I couldn't stop looking at all of the other strands. Each and everyone was so very special. All of the different colors of gold. Then there were the bi-colored pearls. Not to mention the keshi that each strand had. These are all truly those once in a life time strands.

Jumping in here - Purr and I may have snagged a strand too! We're splitting it into 36" for her (her rope sweet spot) and 16" for me (my favorite necklace length). Joining the GSSP harvest strand party!

Lol yes we are fessing up here and joining the GSSP harvest strand family!!!

It was a frenzy when the sale went on. I too wanted the strand with the blue keshi, but Elaine bought it from under me lol! So Elaine, if you EVER decide to return it, please give me first dib! Cathy and Newberry, thank you both for the encouragement on FB!

I thought a double would be a lot for a GSSP harvest strand, so I'm really happy to be able to split a strand with my lovely pearl sister battah and we both get the length we like! Haha I have had so many split strands and sibling items with various ladies on PG it is truly awesome!

This is the strand we got (52"):
VIP-3175w_750x750.jpg

This is so exciting! And Purr, I'm sure we'll be able to find you some blue keshi if you want to add some. That's the fun of learning how to string your own pearls, you can reknot as often as you want and fiddle with the layout. Now I need to find a super fab clasp that can take pendants...

Purr are you going to go clasp or no?

You know I have to have pendant options! I'm looking at some kind of O-ring clasp, I think.

Jumping in here - Purr and I may have snagged a strand too! We're splitting it into 36" for her (her rope sweet spot) and 16" for me (my favorite necklace length). Joining the GSSP harvest strand party!

Congratulations, that is a great plan! I was thinking a few of the longer necklaces would be perfect to split.

Back