Xmas idea 2007

Pearl_dreams said:
:eek:

Is that something straight out of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe?

Hi Pearl_dreams,

I wish it were a figment of C.S. Lewis' imagination. But no, it's real.

Slraep

Okay, here's something for the person who loves pearls so much that they somehow want to immortalize them on their body. No, there's no risk of mistaking you for a biker because it's just too cute a design. Watch out if you ever find yourself in prison though.

http://hopegallerytattoo.com/Tattoo_Galleries/tattoo_5249.html

Attachments

• mermaidarm.jpg
    mermaidarm.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator:
Now I actually like the coffee table aquarium. I spent some time in Seoul and my favorite cafe ( mostly they served unusual teas ), which was run by buddhist monks had live animals all over the place. Some of the tables were large coffee table aqauriums with fish or small turtles in really nice habitats. They also had birds and lots of beautiful plants eveywhere. Really great place.

Nice 'prop', terrible jewelry idea... that necklace. The frame without the dangerous looking spikes would be nice though... if it could only be made to lay like that. :rolleyes:

'Bet they destroyed some old piece or used round keshi. What else?

You're always late and you desperately need a sensible timepiece of some sort. It's been on your Xmas list forever but you haven't found anything you like until NOW.

Okay, so it's just a teeny bit conspicuous. I say it could still use more!! It does not have a single pearl on it ! I mean, if you are going to slap everything but the kitchen sink onto this watch by Chopard, I want to know why pearls were excluded. Are pearls not good enough maybe?? Frankly, I'm a little insulted by the omission. A 15 cwt pink, 12 cwt blue and a 12 cwt white heart shaped diamond all grace this watch, plus an extra 163 carats of white and yellow fancy flower shaped diamonds. That's 200 carats of major bling, and yet, not a pearl in sight. You know what i think? I think the whole design has failed because you need at least SOME silky pearls to offset the blingy diamonds. Then the watch could at least be worn before 5:00 p.m. too.

It is expensive. About 25 million.

If you get this AND Solid Gold Santa, you won't have enough money left over to get Trashy Little Reindeer. Hmmmm....

http://www.chopard.com/worldwide/indexfl.html

Attachments

• Watch.jpg
    Watch.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 41
Slraep said:
Like me, are you finding today's pearl jewellery just a tad boring? Are Tahitians-on-a-string and plain pearl pendants just making you yawn? I think I've found the perfect holiday gift for the secret pearl fashonista in you.

It's the 3-D pearl necklace named "Poke Your Eye Out ....oops, I mean ?Glamorous Night" !!! Made from 18K gold and 456 natural pearls, it is said to suit a unique lifestyle. Whatever you can imagine that means. Or doesn't mean.

Everyone does realize just how many wild pearly oysters where plundered only to end up supplying 456 natural pearls for this incredibly wearable and flattering necklace, right?

http://news.xinhuanet.com/photo/2007-06/12/content_6232907.htm

Its handy too, if your pet gets an operation and you want it to look posh and not be seen in the plastic cone they wear around their neck, this might work.

Now that you mentioned pets, a few reasonably civilized uses come to mind: perhaps pet support for a chameleon aficionado? :rolleyes:

Wonder what they meant by 'unique lifestyle' and where that idea might have come from... maybe someone with a unique lifestyle did buy the thing, and then... went for MORE :eek: from a competing designer. LoL!

Although...

collarhh8.jpg

Valeria101 said:
Now that you mentioned pets, a few reasonably civilized uses come to mind: perhaps pet support for a chameleon aficionado? :rolleyes:

Wonder what they meant by 'unique lifestyle' and where that idea might have come from... maybe someone with a unique lifestyle did buy the thing, and then... went for MORE :eek: from a competing designer. LoL!

Although...

portrait.jpg

Grandma just could not resist licking...something had to be done eh.

Personally, I LOVE the coffee table! If it were a little less expensive, I would so use that! Except, if you didn't clean it often it would be pretty gross. And the Cruella da Ville necklace is kinda cool, just who could possibly pull that off?

Wow, is that an antique hat pin? Whatever it is, it's incredible. I'm sorry it didn't go home with you.:(

Sorry to hear, Caitlin... the pin looks much better then intriguing.

Would you happen to have the link to the listing?

Wow, Caitlin,

That won't be soon forgotten! I'm guessing a natural abalone pearl? someone did a great job of covering the "naturale" spots. It's a beauty.

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Are you gals sure.... The crack on the edge looks more like an assembly seam then abalone pearl edge the more I look at it.