Would Any Of You Care To Guess What Are Those Pearls ????

I

imanit

I saw them, fell in love, had to have them, bought them, now I wonder what are they......
Diameter ( in roundest part): 11x10 - 13x12mm
Length: 18 to 24mm
The play of the color is amazing !!!
What is the price tag you would put on them ??? No pit, blemishes, just "funky" shapes....
Ivona

Attachments

• PICT0002a.jpg
    PICT0002a.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 39
  • PICT0006.jpg
    PICT0006.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 39
  • PICT0007-1.jpg
    PICT0007-1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 37
  • PICT0007.jpg
    PICT0007.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 39
  • PICT0007a1.jpg
    PICT0007a1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 43
More Pictures:

Attachments

• PICT00041.jpg
    PICT00041.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 50
  • PICT00051.jpg
    PICT00051.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 58
Until Zeide comes with the answer :) I'd bet (little) on dyed freshwater baroques. The shapes and size remind me of a recent batch of baroque, nucleated Vietnamese fwp... nice, but for the occasional bald patch that could have well motivated the dyeing. That strong irridescence makes me think there is more than color amiss (some oxidized dye? coating? not sure what is done to tint pearls that could have this effect).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you,
You did not make any positive comment.
Does it mean that you don't like them ??
Are they very common ???
Does it mean that they are just ?nice colourful beads? ???
Is paying for them over 200.00usd too much ????
I thought that they are rather unusual? but I did not see too many pearls in my life?.

Hi all, I have seen similar shape and size called "flameball pearls." They are bead nucleated, with keishi growth tail. They come in natural colors of intense purple, bronze, pink blends. It looks to me like these have been overdyed black, with the other colors showing through.
Heres a strand of black that has been drilled through the ball 300053640535
and a couple of other colors 200044486908 and 160063383015.
Hope this gives you a little addl info, with apologies for not knowing how to link.:eek:
Pattye

Hello Imanit,
If you love them, that is what counts. I would say $200-300 is an ok price, for something fairly unusual. The colors look great! Also just want to add that you take very good photos!
Pattye

Also if you do a search on this forum of "fireball pearls" you will find previous discussions of them.
Pattye

Thank you, Pattye.
..for showing me exemples of similar pearls on eBay.
I think that my pearls are much nicer. They are certenly much bigger.
I have 21 pearls on 18" strand.
I think, I'll keep them ( I have an option of giving them back)....

Hi Imanit,

I love fireball pearls and yours seem particularly pretty. The price you paid is fair. It is not the world's greatest bargain but also nowhere near retail even in China. They are rare pearls especially in large sizes.

Zeide

imanit said:
Thank you,
You did not make any positive comment.

That's because I've forgot that typing doesn't convey any inner 'wow' by itself! The other pearls yours reminded me of were priced $50-60 each, which makes your strand even more attractive. I like their nuggety shape that most tailed pearls aspire to but miss. Sure it is an unusual image for pearls, but to me, that's a merit.

'Thought this is self-evident!... so the previous post came through dry :rolleyes:. I'm used to see cold, technicals on this forum... while everyone knows all pearls are awesome by birth! :D

There is hardly anything else among natural jewelry materials that even comes close to them! Could definitely see the super crazy colors paired with a clasp incorporating some of the very few other things that come anywhere close: opal, or even better, ammolite :cool:

Just in case, here's what came to mind when writing the above:
Ammolite presentation at AGTA and an implementation as front clasp for some relatively puny (died) black freshwater pearls, and still quite a sight! There are a few lapidaries specializing in this finicky material... Korite is just a notorious example and more 'commercial' than most.

Zeide Erskine said:
Hi,

... the bead-nucleated haliotis diversicolor cultured pearls that are the newest product of Korea.

Now, that took care of 'what' only; how, where, when and how much!

Valeria101 said:
There is hardly anything else among natural jewelry materials that even comes close to them! Could definitely see the super crazy colors paired with a clasp incorporating some of the very few other things that come anywhere close: opal, or even better, ammolite :cool:

Just in case, here's what came to mind when writing the above:
Ammolite presentation at AGTA and an implementation as front clasp for some relatively puny (died) black freshwater pearls, and still quite a sight! There are a few lapidaries specializing in this finicky material... Korite is just a notorious example and more 'commercial' than most.
I love the idea. Boy, I still have a lot to learn.
Temporarely (not having a better idea)I stringed them with some colorefull Swarovski:
PICT0002a.jpg
PICT0002b.jpg
...but I know I'll redo this necklace once I find something perfect for it.

I do listen to your suggestions..

I do listen to your suggestions..

..inthis case, Valeria101 made one that I followed. Ammolite clasp...
Here it is: bought a stone, wire wrapped with 3 pearls, attached...
I also took out some swarovski, and replaced it with glass - I will redo it one more time: ordered FW black 3.5-4mm pearls ; I they are as I imagined them - they will replace glass beads on the necklace..
1-S.jpg

2-S.jpg

7-S.jpg

Hi Imanit
I am so glad to see you stringing and restringing..you really have the bug! Welcome to the club. I want to move this post over to the Lowly Beaders Club where stringing our own fabulous designs, reigns.

Back