Where to buy Akoya pearls?

Grimson

Hello everyone,

I'm working for a company who are interested adding jewelry with pearls on to their collection. How ever even how hard I try to find I can only find Akoya pearls in bad quality. Myself I have not used pearls on my designs before this ever and the world of pearls is quite new to me, luckily I found this forum where I have managed to read few treads and collected my courage to ask if any of you can help me on this endeavor of leading me to a website or referring to a company with high quality loose white Akoya pearls (I'm not talking about oysters with pearls just pearls). Also is there any traps what example Chinese pearl whole sellers use what I should avoid? If not then I would still like to say it's been great to read some of the treads and I'm happy to be able to be part of this community with my ever growing interest on pearls.

I do not have any connections with wholesale akoya dealers, but maybe someone else will reply to you! Best of luck.

You should go to the Hong Kong shows.

But you should also familiarize yourself with pearls. Take a look at the PearlsAsOne.org course.

grimson welcome to PG. I am going to send you a private message. You will be able to access it by clicking on the notifications at the top of the page.

Thank you for the answers, it's been great and the community seems even better now than before. It's great to be part of it.

Back