Where can retailers view these?

T

TievoliJewelry

I have not seen any of these types of pearls at the shows in Nevada or Arizona. Does anyone know if they will be on show at a future show?

I have seen a few pieces at the show here in Kobe. But it was not a manufacturer, it was just a 'finished' seller. I am not sure where you can buy these wholesale.

Actually, if I remember correctly, their is a 'Conch' pearl farm (although is may be Melo-Melo) based in New Zealand. I will put the info up here if I can find the name.

Do you think they would sell to a small retailer just a couple of samples?

It can't hurt to ask. I remember a fax I received from them 1-2 years ago. They were offering the pearls on a per-piece basis if I recall. There was also something about them being the first farm to successfully culture that 'type' of pearl. I will see if I can find it to be sure...

I found it!

I found it!

I think it was the company 'Pacific Blue Pearls'. They are actually Abalone pearls, not Conch pearls. These are the blue Abalone pearls. You can contact this company to see if they will sell you some samples. I will check to see if their contact info is correct.

Here is their information!

Sea-Right Investments Ltd
Level 17, Forsyth Barr House
Cnr Colombo and Armagh Streets
Christchurch, New Zealand

PO Box 1790, Christchurch
New Zealand
Telephone 64-3-377 0365
Facsimile 64-3-377 0366
Email - info@pacificbluepearls.com

I just fowarded this thread to them as well, maybe they will post a reply to your question.

More information on Blue Pearls - Abalone Pearls

More information on Blue Pearls - Abalone Pearls

We would be pleased to welcome and provide information on our New Zealand Blue Pearls to all members of the jewellery industry. We operate 5 ocean based abalone pearl farms around New Zealand and are the largest producer of abalone pearls, with two pearl brands Eyris Pearls and Pacific Blue Pearls.

We do not yet have agents in the USA but would be pleased to assist anyone in the trade directly with an enquiry. Our pricing structure is wholesale as we do not sell pearls directly to the consumer only loose to the jewellery industry.

We do not ourselves manufacture any jewellery as to do so would place us in direct competition with our own customers. The pieces dislayed on our websites are by individual jewellery designers and are there to show the jewelery buying public what can be achieved with the blue pearl.

Our websites www.bluepearls.com and www.pacificbluepearls.com both have secure araes for the jewellery trade to access, here we have posted grading and colour grading information as well as a comprehensive training programme for retailers and other jewellery professionals to use. Access to this secure area may be granted on completion of a simple submission form.

Alternatively we can be contacted at:

Eyris & Pacific Blue Pearls
(a wholly owned subsidiary of Sea-Right Investments Limited)

P O Box 1790
Christchurch
New Zealand

Tel: +64 3 377 0365
Fax: +64 3 377 0366
E-mail: info@bluepearls.com
web: www.bluepearls.com
web: www.pacificbluepearls.com

I look forward to assisting you further

Kind regards,

Shirley Went
info@bluepearls.com

Thanks for all the links! I will go check out the sites now. This is actually the first time I have ever heard of the 'Blue Pearl'.

You are very welcome, feel free to come back to me with any questions that you might have.

Do you have a show schedule? I would love to see some of these in person. I am going to print a few pictures from your site if it is OK to show some of my customers.

Those are great Sites about the Abalone pearl!
You should start some new threads and tell us all about them. We do not have very much information available here about the 'blue pearl'! I would love to read more about them personally!

Eyris & Pacific Blue Pearls have concentrated on the educational aspect of the blue pearl, we do attend trade shows, but mainly as visitors not exhibitors.

We do exhibit in New Zealand and Australia, but have of late deferred to giving educational seminars for the benefit of industry bodies, as this seems to be a growing request. We attended the Marxh 04 JAA Fair in Brisbane and gave lectures on the Blue Pearl as part of the GAA workshop.

We will be at the visiting the JAA Trade Fair in Sydney later this year, 21st to 23rd August. Here we have been requested to conduct lectures for the benefit of GAA (Gemmological Association of Australia) and NCJV (National Council of Jewellery Valuers) members. We are also making appointments to meet with intersted parties attending the fair.

I am sorry that we are not giving any presentations in the USA this year, however we will re-evaluate this as interest grows. We are currently receiving growing interest through our websites and are constanly looking to update the information available there.

Do please feel free to printout images and information from our websites at www.bluepearls.com and www.pacificbluepearls.com .

I will post a new thread, as suggested, with more information on the Blue Pearl for the bemefit of the forum members.

Thank you all for your suggestions

Shirley Went

It sounds like you are starting off in your local market first to build interest in this pearl. Who knows, maybe it will take off soon like the Tahitian! You guys just need your own Robert Wan.
The pictures really are beautiful, by the way, unlike any other gems.

Shirley,

I have decided to take your training course. We have 14 high-vloume stores that may be interested in carrying these pearls. I will email you through the Website after I have completed the course.

The Paua pearl seems like a great new venture!

Blue Pearls

I really love your sites about the Abalone pearls and find them very informative. I have been doing research on these pearls for a while and was very excited to see that you have posted here.

Last edited by a moderator:
natural pearls

natural pearls

I have quite a few natural Abalone, Oyster and scallop pearls right now. I sold all of my Conch pearls in Tucson but should have new inventory in a few weeks. You can see pictures at www.oasispearl.com

quahog pearls

quahog pearls

has any one heard any more about the quahog pearl i have one that i found over 20years ago at cape cod mass thank you i will send you apic at your request thank you

Back