When you get the door tag and chase down the FedEx guy

Cousingigi

So I may or may not have just come home to a 40 minute old door tag from PP, got in my car, and drove around looking for the driver. But guess what!! I found him stopped at a gas station a mile away. Clearly I could not wait until tomorrow, because my handamas (sent to be restrung) and my new baroque akoyas were on the truck! EC14B5C8-2331-4EBE-9FFF-8322303631F0.jpgB734274A-4271-41F8-A637-D59E886F452B.jpg

Sorry folks! Don’t know why they keep uploading upside down. Maybe kathykeshi will do her magic and fix it for me again, lol!

Congratulations. I confess to running down the sidewalk waving my arms at the package delivery person on more than one occasion.

I'll rotate your photo this time. :) The pearls look beautiful together!

I have also been known to drive around the neighborhood to locate my mail carrier a few times!

Cousingigi's photo.jpg

I'll rotate your photo this time. :) The pearls look beautiful together!

I have also been known to drive around the neighborhood to locate my mail carrier a few times!

View attachment 60550

I’m loving them so much! But now after seeing crazyMissy’s gorgeous 35” rope I’m thinking they might get turned into a rope too some day soon!

They look great together.

For Hanadamas, you'll want to order them as a rope, so all the pearls match. I love the look of a choker with a rope.

Thanks for the Pix Fix today, Pearl Dreams. I would have happily done it, if I hadn't been ... er, accidentally surfing the internet looking for linen clothes for a yacht ... my fingers MIGHT have hit a button or two lol. I have chased all of them: Mailperson, post office OFFICE, FedEx, UPS. I like UPS best, as I have the secret phone # to connect to the local terminal manager ;). I also know where all their lunch stop hiding places are LOL. I ran shipping in our company for 27 years ... I can track a truck or package anywhere in the US; the longer any shipment is in their hands, the more likely it goes astray! Track, chase, track, chase, track, chase ... ALWAYS!

Your new pearls are stunning, Cousingigi ... love them worn together! If your clasps are compatible, you can turn them into a rope right now :)

Thanks for the Pix Fix today, Pearl Dreams. I would have happily done it, if I hadn't been ... er, accidentally surfing the internet looking for linen clothes for a yacht ... my fingers MIGHT have hit a button or two lol. I have chased all of them: Mailperson, post office OFFICE, FedEx, UPS. I like UPS best, as I have the secret phone # to connect to the local terminal manager ;). I also know where all their lunch stop hiding places are LOL. I ran shipping in our company for 27 years ... I can track a truck or package anywhere in the US; the longer any shipment is in their hands, the more likely it goes astray! Track, chase, track, chase, track, chase ... ALWAYS!

Your new pearls are stunning, Cousingigi ... love them worn together! If your clasps are compatible, you can turn them into a rope right now :)

Ooh! I’m gonna try it!!

They look great together.

For Hanadamas, you'll want to order them as a rope, so all the pearls match. I love the look of a choker with a rope.

I do too! You’ll never believe it, but I actually considered getting a set of three handamas when they were on sale earlier and having them strung as an ultra rope so I could do choker+opera format. But I resisted the urge because that’s my south sea budget right there. Now one or two more strands of the baroque akoyas, that might work.

My baroque akoyas and 2 different kinds of Tahitians are all strung as 2 strands, that nest together just right, with gold "orbit" style clasps on. So I can wear 1 strand, 2 strands nested, or connect the 2 to make a long rope. I also have an baroque akoya 8" bracelet I could connect if I wanted a shorter rope, but I never do that :) The orbit clasp works especially good, as they look more like gold links than clasps when on a rope, and more usage mileage from the pearls.

My baroque akoyas and 2 different kinds of Tahitians are all strung as 2 strands, that nest together just right, with gold "orbit" style clasps on. So I can wear 1 strand, 2 strands nested, or connect the 2 to make a long rope. I also have an baroque akoya 8" bracelet I could connect if I wanted a shorter rope, but I never do that :) The orbit clasp works especially good, as they look more like gold links than clasps when on a rope, and more usage mileage from the pearls.

9C1CFE52-F0DC-4B6C-94DB-F689119C7D7D.jpg

Is this the kind you are talking about? Like on newberry’s gorgeous blues?

Cousingigi, both of your necklaces are beautiful and they look great together! I’m also one to be known for tracking the mail man, UPS/Fedex drivers all over the neighborhood, and following those txt notifications very closely. I just realized that for me this trend started around the Christmas holidays, back when my kids were little and toys were on their way....

The orbit clasps are so versatile and easy to use, and I like that they look like links and not clasps, too.

I've replaced the clasps on most of my pearls with orbit clasps and link them together whether they match or not. I think my Hanadamas and original akoya pearl rope are the only ones without orbits now, but they have disco ball clasps which I love.

You ladies are cracking me up! cathykeshi, you are now my go-to person when I have a delivery mishap! The delivery in our neighborhood is bad, the local news just aired a story about it on TV last month, so yes, I watch, watch, watch every package in transit!

Nothing wil stop a thief on the doorstep sadly. Although ... Chenai at PP and I managed to get a possible "inside theft" UPS box of pearls to magically appear in perfect condition on my porch after ten days, all contents safe. Clean box, no dirt, no damage, definitely NOT a box lost in a terminal or truck. I've found shipments on trucks, ships, and boxcars in freight yards. Very glad all I have to track now is Pearls :) I trust no shipper.

Back