When you get the door tag and chase down the FedEx guy

CousinG - those strands look marvellous ! Absolutely wonderful together. If you do want a rope at some point you may be able to send you Hanadama back and have them matched. There is also a 'mystery' clasp that can be set into pearls so the connection is hidden. You could get your pearls made up with those and then take them apart to wear at different lengths.

CathyK you make me laugh. You git em girl...chase em down. It's always a bit of a worry shipping things but fortunately things don't go missing very often. They can spend a lot of time wandering around . I had one package being sent from Michigan , fall out of a bag and end up in the postman's truck ,tucked in a corner for about 2 weeks and that was after it took 8 days to get to the little post office in the first place. He did apologise when he finally delivered it to a relieved client in a little place in Idaho... I was a day away from refunding .

Cathy is right..you really can't trust any shipper. Always insure.

"Always insure"-- yes, but insurance is for the benefit of the seller (or more precisely, the sender). I do not expect to have to purchase insurance as a buyer-- unless I am returning the item, in which case I am the sender.

Of course, all costs of selling have to be factored into the price of an item. Ultimately buyers pay all costs, but I do not expect to be explicitly charged for insurance when buying an item.

I’m loving them so much! But now after seeing crazyMissy’s gorgeous 35” rope I’m thinking they might get turned into a rope too some day soon!

Aww, thanks! Your strands are lovely, wear them in good health! After trying out various lengths, I concluded that a rope works best for me since I always wear high necklines. Should I find myself wearing a V neck or a corporate shirt, I wear it as a double strand. A friend of mine on the other hand finds ropes a bit cumbersome to wear; too heavy and too much swaying, she says. ;) Have a go with your strands first, see how it goes. good luck!

Nothing wil stop a thief on the doorstep sadly. Although ... Chenai at PP and I managed to get a possible "inside theft" UPS box of pearls to magically appear in perfect condition on my porch after ten days, all contents safe. Clean box, no dirt, no damage, definitely NOT a box lost in a terminal or truck. I've found shipments on trucks, ships, and boxcars in freight yards. Very glad all I have to track now is Pearls :) I trust no shipper.

I always require a signature and insure every package...shame because it adds to the cost, but unfortunately necessary to ensure proper delivery.

Back