What does an appraisal mean?

Thanks Heidi! ;)

Wendy, that would be really cool if you took the FGA program. Beware - it's a lot of work!

I've emailed them to ask about pearl specific programmes. I'm not really interested in any other stones - for them my O level in geology will have to suffice!
But thanks much for the info
what makes the British qualification attractive to you Blaire? You have the GIA and its various courses...?

I forgot about your geology background. So cool.;)

The Graduate Gemologist Diploma is very good, but the FGA is considered as going a level further. Of course, for most people it is entirely unnecessary. But it would add to my credibility at a time when it is very hard to stand out from the pack.

Cheers,
Blaire

Yes, but when I finished my masters degree the plan was no more exams. Ever. I leave that to my students now. I just mark them! <evil laugh>

Well Wendy once my kids hit school age, I found that going back to school was fun. I have degrees in, BA communications to expound upon my BS degree in political science. BS in Molecular bio chem, and working currently on a Fine arts degree. Minored in geology, psychology, and folklore. Maybe someday I'll go after a masters degree level in one of them. My proudest moment came when my son told me of his experience in a college biology class. The teacher was lectuering and asking many questions. Tim answered them all and gave extra info as well. After class she asked him where he had learned it all. He said, "My Mom, she talks about this stuff all the time." You never know how far your education will find itself.

My pieces of paper were all done as a mature student. I've done lots since, but I feel I have done enough exams now

Attending trade shows was a lot more fun when I was just buying for my business.

That shows you're not just a diner anymore, but that you've gotten backstage into the kitchen!

F-G-A!!! F-G-A!!! F-G-A!!! You GO, girl!!!

Isn't Sueki the one (with all those fabulous quotations) who quotes Mark Twain, saying twenty years from now, we'll regret the stuff we didn't do more than the things we *did* do?

What an inspiring forum.

CarolK

Well Wendy once my kids hit school age, I found that going back to school was fun. I have degrees in, BA communications to expound upon my BS degree in political science. BS in Molecular bio chem, and working currently on a Fine arts degree. Minored in geology, psychology, and folklore. Maybe someday I'll go after a masters degree level in one of them. My proudest moment came when my son told me of his experience in a college biology class. The teacher was lectuering and asking many questions. Tim answered them all and gave extra info as well. After class she asked him where he had learned it all. He said, "My Mom, she talks about this stuff all the time." You never know how far your education will find itself.

plus..... bench jeweler, publisher, and tour guide, too! Wow!!!

Gail

Yeah and add grandmother and old to that list. I get bored easy!

Aggie.P said:

All that and no masters degree! You really have to do it someday. Especially the BS degrees.

Slraep

Back