What color thread to use???

TXPearlLV

I have a strand of dark Tahitians that are strung on black thread. I want to restring and I have Beaders Secret Forest green. Do you think there is that much difference in the color? I just ordered black from Pattye so not sure if I should wait or go ahead and string it with the forest green. TIA

I have a strand of dark Tahitians that are strung on black thread. I want to restring and I have Beaders Secret Forest green. Do you think there is that much difference in the color? I just ordered black from Pattye so not sure if I should wait or go ahead and string it with the forest green. TIA

Forest sounds awesome as a color next to dark Tahitians. Try it. You can always restring them with black if you don't like the Forest when you're done.

This new Tahitian bracelet is strung on FOREST, as you can see, it is dark and subtle. Black will be fine also, imo.

These pics may show the color of the thread better than the link.

Bottom photo is my everyday bracelet on BLACK.

Attachments

• P1020366.jpg
    P1020366.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 30
  • P1020340.jpg
    P1020340.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 31
  • P1020337.jpg
    P1020337.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Forest is perfect with the blues and greens in that gorgeous bracelet, pattye!

I've strung tahitians on Forest color and found it more complimenting and bringing out more color in the pearls than the black one.. so I would go ahead with the forest one :) you can always re-string afterwards)

TxpearlLV, I do hope you will experiment with your pearls and knotting! OF course, we will want to see!

Thanks so much for your kind remarks, Marianne, Katbran, Jersey Pearl, BWeaves and Lugana. Our own Lillyfuzzysocks has been stringing her traditional, round, perfectly matched Tahitians on contrasting colors for a few years and she inspired me to do it after I saw how amazing they looked!

I use Wine on my cherry tahitians. Forrest on green and multi color and love Oak with light body tahitians with brown tones.

I've not used Forest yet because I have a supply of Moss PowerPro. But I have used Beader's Secret in the Bark color on Tahitian strands and that looks nice.

Thanks for all the input. I couldn't wait for the black and restrung them with the forest green. I don't know if it is because I removed the "unfortunate" pearls from the strand, the new string color or what, but I love them now! I purchased a new drop/circle strand that is a bit bluer to wear and since I shortened the first strand I can wear them stacked. I'm super happy.
P.S. Pattye, I just received your package. Going to use the wine color to string some rubies and a tahitian together. We'll see how that turns out!IMG_0485.jpg
IMG_0496.jpg
One on the left or bottom depending on how it posts is the shortened strand with Forest.

Nice work, TXPearlLLV! Your pearls look lovely on you!

Pattey, your bracelet is fabulous! Multi-color circle Ts are my favorite!! And I like them with the darker clasp.

I think sometimes photos don't show up when sized too large. I can see them only by clicking on the attachments.
I'll size them smaller:

Attachments

• TXpearlLV with white pearl.jpg
    TXpearlLV with white pearl.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 27
  • TXpearlLV with Tahitian pearl.jpg
    TXpearlLV with Tahitian pearl.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 28
Back