Well...I wish they were mine...

Katbran

I thought I'd drop this photo in this spot ...they aren't mine...they are Paspaleys ...they offered to let me wear them ...I was afraid I might make a run for the door ... but I'm quite slow so that wouldn't have had a happy ending .

So I'm in Sydney this past weekend for dear ol Johns 70th birthday celebration and I dragged him into the Paspaley store ....well...Oh My Lord .... truly remarkable pearls. These caught my eye ...15-19mm ...and they were very sweet about letting me photograph anything I wanted .. so for your enjoyment ..lovers of round WSS ..get the bibs out ...DROOL ALERT ! IMG_1406.jpg

Those are fabulous, Kat!! Did you find out their secret to "invisible stringing"? I carefully examined a Paspaley strand belonging to a Ruckus attendee this summer, but didn't get a clue to how it's done. I'm glad they were so nice to you and let you take the photos.

What a gorgeous strand! How nice of Paspaley to let you bring us a closeup photo; did you tell them where it was going :) ? Brings to mind the stunning strand owned by our own BAS!

Wow they are stunning! Did you try them on? Paspaley have the most incredible pearls.

I've never been inside - I'm too scared! But the Collins street store in Melbourne always has amazing window displays so I do stop and ogle whenever I walk past.

I LOVE the mop designs. They are gorgeous. And the lavalier collection. I would not turn my nose up at any paspaley piece!

Maxima:

IMG_0523.JPG

IMG_0524.JPG

IMG_0525.JPG

Lavalier:

IMG_0526.JPG

IMG_0527.JPG

Last edited:
Holy Wow! Those are amazing.

I really like the Mother of Pearl pieces. Greg calls it Mother of Shell and can't figure out quite what's wrong with that. He's not exactly wrong.

And Purannha has baby Octopi ... take THAT, Paspaley :)

Thanks for sharing Katbran. Those are incredible.

Am now regretting that I didn't take a pic of an amazing Tahitian and ssp color graduated strand that I tried at the recent Singapore jewellery show... that was a pretty amazing strand, all pearls about 15.6/8(?) mm, great luster and color and clean surfaces. Couldn't afford it but couldn't resist trying. Luckily I knew the vendor well and they were very kind to let me try.

Thank you for the eye candy katbran. :)

Back