Vintage Pearl style

I think that photo of Celeste Holm with the pearl rope may be from All About Eve -- she wears a pearl rope frequently, knotted in different ways.

Elizabeth Taylor
test.jpg

I have a lot of images of Celeste Holm wearing pearls even in later life (Her story is very interesting if not sad). You've saved me a step. Somewhere I have an image where this ET picture was reinterpreted by a model (similar to Pauley & Babe) I can't seem to find it

I think that photo of Celeste Holm with the pearl rope may be from All About Eve -- she wears a pearl rope frequently, knotted in different ways.

Elizabeth Taylor
View attachment 63637

I know what you mean, I went to the Bulgari exhibit and seeing Liz Taylors emeralds in person could never compare to pictures as lovely a the pictures are, seeing the sparkle and size in person makes all the difference in appreciating how amazing some of these pieces are. When I lived in the east, I would visit the Hope Diamond at least once a month...it was a one sided love affair.

I have to say, this was one of my all time favorite exhibits at Hillwood. My photos in no way could capture what my eyes saw...they were truly spectacular. That Cartier necklace was stunning.

I adore those fireballs on Joan Collins. Thanks for the pictures.

I know what you mean, I went to the Bulgari exhibit and seeing Liz Taylors emeralds in person could never compare to pictures as lovely a the pictures are, seeing the sparkle and size in person makes all the difference in appreciating how amazing some of these pieces are. When I lived in the east, I would visit the Hope Diamond at least once a month...it was a one sided love affair.
Hope and I are very dear friends...at least in my mind, until the security guards shoo me away.

Edna May
Edna May.jpg

Jeanne Crain
Jeanne Crain.jpg

France Nuyen

France Nuyen.jpg

Joan Crawford

joan-crawford-9260899-1-402.jpg

JC BLD.jpg

Joan Crawf.jpg

Lilyan Tashman

CLilyan.Tashman.jpg

Lilyan TashmanII.jpg

Last edited:
Clara Bow
0782477e6cdaf3db0fd84a61e078afc8--clara-bow-s.jpg

a-clara-bow-haiku-2-clara-bow-1925-photo-by-eugene-robert-richee.jpg

Alexis Smith

Alexis Smith2.jpg

Alexis Smith.jpg

Lucy Doraine

Lucy Doraine .jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

Last edited:
Silvana Pampanini

Silvana Pampanini.jpg

SP.jpg

Silvana Pampanini.jpeg

Silvana-Pampanini-.jpg

Last edited:
Virna Lisi

virna lisi66.jpg

Virna-Lisi-420x581.jpg

virna lisi.jpeg

virna lisi090.jpeg

Our world has become so casual....I love seeing these pictures of elegance of times past.

Back