Vintage Pearl style

BWeaves, that is a necklace...a spectacular Cartier necklace! As for scale, I don't have the size details...but it is quite large and definitely not a choker!

Whoa! I think I just got it. The diamonds are the BACK of the necklace?

Jean Stapleton

Jean Stapleton Opera Mother.jpg

Nanette Fabray

Nanette Fabray,.jpg

Nanette Fabray,7.jpg

Mary Tyler Moore

mary-tyler-moore.jpg

mtm2.jpg

mary-tyler-moore-816064l.jpg

mary-tyler-moore-sag-life-achievement-award.jpg

MTM3.jpg

Last edited:
Binnie Barnes

BinnieBarnes-1_jpg.jpg

Vin p.jpg

Lauren Bacall

Bacal PEARLS.jpg

bacall ad.jpg

bacall_bw.jpg

bacallbloodalley.jpg

I am actually enjoying this too, can you tell? It is nice finding photos from old TV shows or music artists I enjoy, but even more exciting discovering people I've never heard of.

It's wonderful to see all these photos of people I remember hearing about - Mary T Moore I remember very well from her TV show which was one of my first 'must watch' series! ( along with Man from UNCLE - had such a crush on David McCallum) !

Joan Fontaine

Joan Fonataine.jpg

Joan Fontaine.jpg

Grace Kelly

Grace Kelly.jpg

Grace-kelly-wedding-jewellery-set-pearl-diamonds-earrings-van-cleef-arpels-1024x558.jpg

GKelly.jpg

GkellyP.jpg

Grace Kelly_.jpg

Last edited:
Lana Turner

Lana Turner.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen Jean Stapleton young.

Wow, these photos are super eye candy. Thanks, BPD!!!

Thanks BW it was really fun seeing a Young Jean Stapleton...I've just begun to appreciate her acting in All in the Family, there is just something so comforting about that character. I'm glad you are still enjoying the thread even though the strands/looks are probably getting redundant. I learning just how different pearls will look on different people, similar strands can look so different..one person can appear refined, while another could look playful and trendy. I am hoping to find more "bracelet" and "earring" pics too, decent up-close rings have been very hard to find.

I don't think I've ever seen Jean Stapleton young.

Wow, these photos are super eye candy. Thanks, BPD!!!

Annie- I am so glad you are enjoying these pics. I've had fun searching through hundreds and hundreds of images. It can be a bit tiring on the eyes but still fun!

I love seeing these stars in pearls. I love her necklace!

MS- No Thanks needed, it is truly a labor of love. It is just so fascinating to me...sadly I'm not sure why LOL.

Wonderful thread, thank you for finding these!!!

Katbran- Like BW thanks for sticking around and supporting thread, I am glad you are still enjoying the finds. I agree with both you and 86Corvette, though there is nothing wrong with casualness I think pearls just give so much life to a wearer even a pair of simple studs gives an image of taste and "pulled togetherness" in the earring wardrobe. I was uncertain about so many of the images I came across with Cigarettes, I don't want to promote anything particularly if anyone is struggling to quite etc, (nor do I pass judgement on those that partake) but I will say there are LOTS of pics of cigarettes and pearls LOL, some of the best pics are from TV or Movie stills!

BPD- More gorgeous photos . As 86Corvette said, the world has become so casual it's wonderful to see these photos... I always loved the Nick and Nora Charles movies..with them constantly in evening dress and using cigaret holders !

Red- A thought occurred to me, many of these ladies wore pearls in their youth, and when possible if I could find more recent pics of them continuing the pearl love I thought I should add them without taking away from the original intent of the thread theme. No thanks needed I’m enjoying searching and then sharing. We’ll see how long I keep at it though LOL.

I adore those fireballs on Joan Collins. Thanks for the pictures.

86CG- I so agree, but the plus side is that there are so many pearl lovers such as yourself you are keeping the elegance alive and well.

Our world has become so casual....I love seeing these pictures of elegance of times past.

Charlotta- I am so pleased you are enjoying them. It makes the hunt worthwhile seeing you guys liking the pics as much as I do.

Beautiful photos

To anyone I've missed responding to my apologies, it is not my intention to ignore you and thanks for stopping by the thread!

Last edited:
Jane Russell

JANE R.jpeg

jane-russell-pic-getty-images-944041921.jpg

Hedy Lamarr

Hedy Lamar.jpg

Back