Vintage Pearl style

I so love this thread, glorious photos, full of classic and innovative ideas...I am obsessed with Marjorie Merriweather-Post's swagged necklace - must try to recreate that look! Would work well on a corset...:rolleyes:

Hello my friend! Hope you are well? I see you've been inspired here LOL, that is a great thing so glad the thread could help! Next time I see you I need to show you a youtube post I found themed a day of waist training.

I so love this thread, glorious photos, full of classic and innovative ideas...I am obsessed with Marjorie Merriweather-Post's swagged necklace - must try to recreate that look! Would work well on a corset...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Maybe your own interpretation? and obligatory neck shots!!!

Yvonne De Carlo's tassel necklace is giving me fits. I can't figure out how the pearls strands are supposed to loop (because I wants it precious, and I can't figure out how to make mine do that).

Last edited:
That bottom pic!!!! I want the pearls, THE HAT, the little black dress and the long gloves.

Aida Overton Walker

Aida Overton Walker.jpg

Babe Paley

Babe Paley.jpg

Babe Paley- Vogue 1946
Babe-Paley-in-Vogue.jpg

I enjoyed this reinterpretation of a vintage look, but using pearl jewelry:

A BBP2.jpgA BBP.jpg

Here is a close up I found for you:

Facinators.jpg

That bottom pic!!!! I want the pearls, THE HAT, the little black dress and the long gloves.

Agreed! Fabulous thread!!!

I recently read that Agnes Moorehead wore many of her own pieces of jewelry when she was playing Endora. There was a diamond starburst pin that she often wore when in character, and she bequeathed to Elizabeth Montgomery (who also wore some of her own jewelry as Samantha). I am really fascinated by jewelry and its history.

I believe that Gloria Swanson wore her own diamond bracelets in Sunset Boulevard, all piled on one arm.

The stories are interesting. In one case a great-grandmother sold her wedding pearls to send her daughter or grand daughter on a honeymoon and the pearls were later replaced with replicas and passed down. Only the story's discovered when the recipient endeavored to asked questions. Anyhow...

I vaguely recall that when Mae West passed, people were surprised to learn that her jewels were mostly paste when the estate was appraised. She had removed and sold all of the original stones to donate money to the war effort (iirc). She never told anyone.

I am glad this thread is met with such appreciation, thank you!

Who doesn't love Betty White?

Betty White Vintage.jpg

betty-white-1965.jpg

BW REDCARPET.jpg

Diahann Carroll

DIAHANN_CARROLL_1950s.jpg

Diahann Carroll.jpg

Diahann_Carroll22.jpg

Diana Dors
DianaDors5c.jpg

Belinda Lee
belinda-lee.jpg

Joyce Bryant
Joyce Bryant.jpg

Marilyn Monroe
marilyn-monroe-pearl.jpg
MM PEarls.jpg

Last edited:
Sophia Loren

sophia-loren-white.jpg

Pearls Sophia L.jpg
pearls-sophia-loren-2.jpg

1495425198665.jpeg

SPL1.jpg

Last edited:
Vintage ladies aside for a moment...

These apparently were natural pearl bracelets created for Babe Paley (posted earlier) by Verdura:

babes pearls bracelets.jpg

Back