Vintage Pearl style

This comment alone makes the hunting and sharing worthwhile, thank you for the appreciation! Actually thanks to everyone commenting positively really. I'm just happy this thread is supported with such enthusiasm, I love the pictures and hunting for images, though initially it was a personal mission, I couldn't not share some of the pics I loved most, especially the Harlem Renaissance pictures. All credit goes to the amazing photographers and the equally amazing subjects.

PS: one of my fav is the teddy bear picture :eek: it is so very similar to an old family photograph that was lost long ago to an attic clean out :(

I completely agree...and growing up, people always commented that my mother resembled Cloris Leachman. She is about 10 years older than my mom was, but now looking at these photos, I see the resemblance. Thanks so much BPDDC, for starting this thread...it really has struck a chord on so many levels for me!

I LOVE the teddy bear photo. But the flapper photo is another favorite.

You know how you would look at old family photos as a kid with your grandparents and some of those photos stayed stuck in your mind? I've always told my grandmother there were certain pictures I wanted if and when she decided to give up the albums. There is another bit of a family tradition, women in my family all took graduation photos (or other such accomplishment photos) with the same pearl necklace that was once worn in the photo with the teddy bear.

I LOVE the teddy bear photo. But the flapper photo is another favorite.

So elegant and poised! Thank you for hunting and sharing with us.

PS
I enjoy all your threads, BPDDC, thank you, I just don't always log in to comment on the many beautiful and interesting things shared across the forum.

PPS: Thank You for enjoying. I don't expect comments, I enjoy the hunt and sharing them and post hoping you guys do too. I'm glad to have a place to share some of these pics, and hopefully some of them are new to others, or if it sparks interest in the photographers or designer's work, even better (when I can give attribution that is) and I'm happy.

PS
I enjoy all your threads, BPDDC, thank you, I just don't always log in to comment on the many beautiful and interesting things shared across the forum.

These are such wonderful pictures. It always makes me happy to see these classic photos with pearls.... classic photos and pearls just seem to go together. Back then, it seemed every young lady had a strand of pearls. I'm doing my part to make sure my daughter has a nice strand! :D

I came across DM while looking for images of Rubies and GSSP.

Dina Merrill

Dina Merrill.jpg

Merrill_Dina Headg.jpg

Pearls.jpgGetty Images

Pearls 2.jpgGetty Images

Dina Merrill Brooch.jpeg
Conch Pearl Brooch (via Marjorie Merriweather Post)

Last edited:
Marian Andersen

Marian Andersen.jpg

Yousuf-Karsh-Marian-Anderson-1945-1516x1960.jpg

Marjorie Merriweather-Post

marjorie-merriweather-post-211801-1-402.jpg

Merriweather Post.jpg

Elsa Maxwell

elsa-maxwell.jpg

Whoa! Dina Merrill's SS double. Marian Andersen's sautoir. And holy carp, Marjorie Merriweather-Post's everything photo.

I've been to Marjorie Merriweather Post's museum and her jewelry is amazing. It makes you wonder what fabulous things Dina Merrill and her sisters kept for themselves.

Yvonne De Carlo

Yvonne De Carlo.jpg

Yvonne De Carlo 2.jpg

Last edited:
Anna Neagle

Anna Neagle 1.jpg

Anna Neagle 2.jpg

Yvonne De Carlo's tassel necklace is giving me fits. I can't figure out how the pearls strands are supposed to loop (because I wants it precious, and I can't figure out how to make mine do that).

Back