vietnamese akoya strand and friends...

funky_pearl

My necklace came yesterday so i decided to take some pictures of it with a few of my existing blue baroque pieces....i think I'm addicted to the blue baroque akoyas, lol!

left to right: antique strand, new 8-8.5mm vietnamese strand, 7.5-8mm japanese strand.
IMG 0214

photo(154).jpg

antique strand on top with new strand. antique blue baroque akoya earrings i converted from screwback clip-ons!
photo(155).jpg

both PP strands twisted together!
photo(156).jpg

I love blue Akoyas, thanks for sharing!

DK :)

I love them nested and twisted! I know what you mean about blue baroque akoyas. They're really lovely and so varied (in shape, size and intensity of blue and rose overtones).

Can you post close-ups of the earrings?

You have three beautiful strands - congratulations! Triple the fun. :)

I'm feeling the same way about natural blue akoyas! Lovely, just lovely, and what a find on the antique strand and the earrings ... congratulations!

thanks cathykeshi, gemgeek,bas, and dkan168! bas, here's some pictures of the earrings close up. none on my ears though, can't seem to get a non blurry picture by my self! oh, and one more i took last night in bad lighting of all three strands together(with my blue akoya studs). they are heavy!

Huge (30mm) flameball pearl and spinel necklace
Mauve pondslime pearl and raw spinel necklace
Flameball  pearls and mixed gemstone cluster earrings

OMG, that triple is gorgeous! I am a big fan of triples.

thanks! :) they sure are heavy worn like that though, i'd never worn a triple strand before!

They are just the right size to be together. And they look very beautiful against your skin. :)

Your triple strand is so decadent and elegent. Enjoy wearing your beautiful treasures.

Now I'm not sure if I like the earrings or the triple strand best ... or BOTH worn together ... fantastic! Did you order each necklace in length to nest to nicely with the antique strand? Very nicely done :)

thanks jerseypearl! cathykeshi, it's pure luck that they line up like that to be worn as a triple strand, lucky me!

Wow, funky_pearl ... what serendipity! I am finding my own blue Vietnamese akoya strand wants to be everyone's best friend ... they look happy layered with anything I've put them with! Today they nestled in next to a strand of Tennessee River white flat keshis with tiny white and dark grey blue pearl spacers :)

that sounds like a really pretty combination cathy. :) the baroque blue akoyas do go well mixed with so many different types of pearls and outfits, don't they?

Funky_pearl, I am astonished at the Blue Vietnamese. I originally fell in love with the mixed color strand, and I do love those, but it's those blues I go for day after day ... the new rule in the clothes closet is "nothing new IN unless it goes with THE BLUES" LOL ... what fun! And I am NOT a blue person normally ... glad you're enjoying yours so; they're magnificent! Wonder what new blue treasures might come back from Hong Kong ...?

Gorgeous! I love the arrangement of two nested together especially - and those nest perfectly! I like a snug double-strand like that, and that length looks so elegant on you, too.

Back