These Pearls make me feel Warm & Fuzzy

Bodecia

Pearl Designer & Collector
Hi All,

Why do these pearls make me feel all warm and fuzzy? They are big pearls but not all big pearl effect me the way these do. Opinions please. What are they???

Thanks, Bodecia

Attachments

• Big pearls.jpg
    Big pearls.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 41
Wow Bodecia,

If I didn't know any better, I would say these were straight out of Zeide's collection. Transgrafted klonks or the big lamprotulas she said she had just recieved !!!

Maybe Icevic is right and vampires do have a way of coming back from the dead. We would need some major quantities of garlic and other stuff then.

Slraep

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Again,

How much would these babies be worth. Or how much would be a good price for them. They can't be SS pearls. Don't look like it. I think I know how to regonise them. These are more beautiful I think.

If I say I am negotiating for them you will really think Zeide has taken over my body :D

Bodecia

Bodecia,

How big are they? What website are they from? What does the seller say they are? Are these yours? What did the seller sell them to you as? It looks like an eBay pic.

The answer to your third question is yes.

Slraep

Hi Slraep or Jeremy or anyone else,

Sorry about doubling my posts. That was an accident. But could one of you top experts let me know what I should pay for the big pearls and what they actually are. I really love them but am not sure how much to offer and I need to make an offer.

Hoping you can help.

Bodecia

Hi Slraep,

Just cultured pearls. Doesn't know exactly what they are from what I can gather. But they are out of the norm. Just saw you last post. What was my third question?? Are they lamprotulas and FW. So if they are does that make them all nacre cultured FW pearls, but top grade.

So are they worth a lot?? If so very roughly how much??

Bodecia - will go re-read your post and make sure I am getting this all straight and send you another one.

Bodecia

Not mine yet. Negotiating for them. Would like them though but not sure of a firm price to offer.

Bodecia

Bodecia,

I guess it depends on if the person is lying and telling you it is a SS transgraft. There are laws against that sort of thing.

I think those pearls are bigger than 12mm at the centre. They look like Chinese freshwaters.

Slraep

Sorry about that. I thought I had put in that they were 12 mm give or take. I do know some others are 6 to 8 mm that are virtually the same. The same transparent look with just as much lustre. They are beautiful too.

Are they lamprotulas, FW and all nacre? How much value?

Bodecia

I guess it depends on if the person is lying and telling you it is a SS transgraft. There are laws against that sort of thing.

I think those pearls are bigger than 12mm at the centre. They look like Chinese freshwaters.

Slraep they aren't saying anything except they are cultured pearls. No SS transgraft. I did read that old post of Zeide's - nothing like that.

So if Chinese FW pearls how much would they be worth?? What should I offer?? Help. :eek:

What do you mean they look bigger than 12 mm at the centre - the centre of the strand. I think those might be a little over the 12 mm.

Bodecia

Hi Bodecia,

They look circled and a bit potatoey. I'd say anything from 90-400 bucks on eBay. Can't say more without seeing them.

Good luck with the haggling!!

Slraep

Hi Bodecia,

They are freshwater pearls. They are likely 11-12mm (or 10.7-11.7mm) based on the number of pearls in the strand. I think Slraep is spot on with the value as well based on the picture (if buying from China).

I agree. They look like mighty nice Chinese CFWP. I'd say they were cherry picked from some other strands. - a meta-necklace! There are slight variations in color that make me think they may not have been bleached- if that is possible.

If they are klonks-(12mm and up), they are quite rare and valuable. There isn't a lot of market in 12mm klonks out in public. They seem to be too rare to just go out and get one in most places. You have to really ferret them out, so they are worth what you can get for them- or they are worth what you would let them go for. 4 figures at the least.

In other words, that is quite a rare peice and marks you as a collector of distinction. Do you mind telling us more about it and how you acquired it? This is the first good quality klonk I have seen on this forum, except for Zeide's and that is a remarkable coincidence. I almost feel like I have seen it before, so you may understand how Slraep feels. Deja vu all over again. :p

I have some klonks, but they are distressed- with chips and pits -which I do not mind, but most on this forum think they are awful. :eek:

As Pattye or someone here said -please correct me if it wasn't her, "Life begins at 12mm!" What we have on this forum is a bunch of klonk lovers and you show up with one. Amazing. Got any more? where did you get it? I want one too, etc, etc, etc.;)

They are freshwater pearls. They are likely 11-12mm (or 10.7-11.7mm) based on the number of pearls in the strand. I think Slraep is spot on with the value as well based on the picture (if buying from China).

Hi Jeremy & Slraep,

Jeremy they are from America. Originally from China if they look like Chinese FW. Do you think they look like lamprotulas . . . although I never found out exactly what lamprotulas are. But if I read between the lines correctly they are excellent grade FW chinese mantle/tissue cultured pearls. Is that right.

I actually though they would cost more than 90 to 400 and no way are they in China. I wouldn't even consider them if they were in China. Never know what I would get. So as they are not in China but America are they still valued at the same 90 to 400 ?

Slraep, thanks for all your help. Hope it wasn't too frustrating for you.
I think the smaller strand I menioned. The 6 to 8 mm are even better in quality.

Let me know if you want a photo of those.

Bodecia

Jeremy,

The strand is 17.5 inches long although that is probably with the clasp.
So the pearls might be the 12 mm. But I haven't done a measure up, my maths is not that good. :(

Bodecia

If they are klonks-(12mm and up), they are quite rare and valuable. There isn't a lot of market in 12mm klonks out in public. They seem to be too rare to just go out and get one in most places. You have to really ferret them out, so they are worth what you can get for them- or they are worth what you would let them go for. 4 figures at the least.

In other words, that is quite a rare peice and marks you as a collector of distinction. Do you mind telling us more about it and how you acquired it? This is the first good quality klonk I have seen on this forum, except for Zeide's and that is a remarkable coincidence. I almost feel like I have seen it before, so you may understand how Slraep feels. Deja vu all over again.

Hi Caitlin,

Nice to hear from you. They are not mine yet. Wish they were but I am negotiating for them and maybe if I can afford them they will be mine but I can't count on it. Might have to rob a bank. I thought the quote of $90 to $400 was too low and would be a total insult to the owner. I wouldn't offer that kind of money for them. So you think 4 figures. How high would you go. Just so I know what not to pay and what to consider if I can raise the $$$.

Will answer rest in a minute. Need the ladies room :eek:

Bodecia

Bodecia said:
Hi Jeremy & Slraep,

Slraep, thanks for all your help. Hope it wasn't too frustrating for you.
I think the smaller strand I menioned. The 6 to 8 mm are even better in quality.

Let me know if you want a photo of those.

Bodecia

Thanks but no thanks, Bodecia. Your warm and fuzzy necklace brought back enough bad memories of gross lying and theft, that I'll pass, thank you again.

Have fun haggling for your necklace !!! I'm sure it will look just fabulous on you despite the cercles and slight potatoey shape(I think one is bullet-shaped also).

Slraep

Back