The designer's corner

Indah, the pendant is so lovely. It clearly has this "holiday feeling" for me. 'Sigh'

2 projects to share.
The first with seeds pearls, fresh water pearls, silver and garnet, stones on the earring are Burmese ruby.
The second pic is of a set, a 45" rope freshwater pearls white-silver tone and Lavender-silver FWP + bracelet. Necklace can be worn 3 ways.
Newcastle Upon Tyne 20120514 00395
Yiling

i just made it thru this entire thread, took me about 4 days in fits and starts, but OMG y'all are amazing!

and evil. now i want to go blow my paycheck on pearls, findings, and powerpro (need to find out what that is!!). such amazing inspiration!

Hi Pattye,
Thank you. You are always so kind and prompt. No, I did not string them myself. The chap I bought my pearls from did them for me.

Just a couple of quick things to share for fun. The knit copper chain is my new favorite necklace, though I can't take credit for making it. I commissioned it from another artist and took my Kamoka pearl pendant off its chainmaille. At first it was just temporary but the mixed metal combination has really grown on me.

The coral hasn't arrived yet and is supposed to be vintage and faux. I was thrilled to find it because I love coral but would prefer a synthetic lookalike or even cast silver instead of the real thing. Surprisingly, nice looking, affordable fake coral is really hard to find! I can't wait to design something with this!

P5060126 (800x569).jpgP5120126 (800x600).jpgil_570xN.407479450_apk9.jpg

I LOVE this octopus!!! Do you mind sharing who did this?

Octopus was made by Thomas Sauve from Etsy store "SauveJewelry". I'm happy with finished product, but I would not order anything custom made from him again. Took very long time (over two month) to complete the order and sometimes for weeks in a row I was not able to reach him.... It was not a pleasant experience....

So lovely. Yes, most of us would be willing to wait if we just knew what was going on, but they just avoid contact.

adorable kamoka, well displayed with the copper - i love it! but then i'm all about mixed-metals. have you done anything with the coral yet?

Hi juliebeth! So far, I've only made one thing. The coral is very pretty, but I don't think it's faux after all. It may not be dyed either. I did an acetate test and couldn't get any color to lift. I placed another in lemon juice and it immediately started bubbling.

Attachments

• P5250139 (800x800).jpg
    P5250139 (800x800).jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Since i can't bring myself to tackle the office that will be my workspace, this report is from my portable bead board :/ After a fun stack of stretch bracelets, I'm working on a couple of different styles of sliders. Here is the first. This is thin leather cord in hot pink. LOVE it except it doesn't lay perfectly smooth as you can see. It doesn't really bother me, but depending how it wears I may have to choose a different material. It's so light you don't even feel it. Last night I slept in it. I'm wearing it in the shower. Just testing to see if/when it has any problems.

0818131035-1.jpg

Cute earrings! It looks like the Tahitian pearl has metal finished ends. Did you do that yourself?

My new favorite design. Too much fun! One open line.

Attachments

• tahlar7.jpg
    tahlar7.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 28
  • ankle.jpg
    ankle.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 32
  • tahlar2.jpg
    tahlar2.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 33
  • tahlar6.jpg
    tahlar6.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 33
Very versatile. I like the little silver beads with the big Tahitian pearls. :cool:

Cute earrings! It looks like the Tahitian pearl has metal finished ends. Did you do that yourself?

Thanks! Yes, I used sterling grommets for a more finished look. Then, I spent the rest of the day reorganizing the disaster that we call an office so I can stop storing my stuff everywhere else.

Waimeamomi, what a pretty and creative design. I loooove the look of metal with pearls.

Now I need to know where I can get silver grommets and cute little silver beads! LOL :)

Hot off the press (in fact I see I need to clean the scotch tape mark off the silver!). These were shot with my iPhone. Kasumi Chinese mmmm. Found these on a cafe table at Bacara Resort near Santa Barbara. Who knew! :rolleyes: Forgive the wrinkly wrist shot! The Tahitians are from the batch Josh brought to the wedding. It was a custom order.

Attachments

• fwbr.jpg
    fwbr.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 31
  • wrist.jpg
    wrist.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 33
  • gail.jpg
    gail.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 34
Back