Terry's Ropes

Raisondetre

Some of the stuff I got from The Pearl Outlet.

60" AA+ 7-8 mm white and multi-colored freshwater pearl ropes:

Pearls072.jpg

Pearls068.jpg

Pearls069.jpg

32" 8.5 mm multicolor freeform baroques:

Pearls075.jpg

Pearls076.jpg

A bit too small for me, but suits my younger sister perfectly. She's much slimmer and has a slightly angular face.

I love the colorful off rounds. What a nice sister you are!

Multicolor bracelet.

Pearls168.jpg

Pearls170.jpg

Last edited:
That is a HUGE WOW!!!!! You're all decked out girl!

BIG DITTO!!!

I love having suites, even if I don't wear everything at once!
Great photos! Thank you!!! And lovely pearls, Terry!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Is it pathological that I feel like biting off the multicolors and chewing them up like candy? It looks so delicious!

More!

9-10 mm AA dyed freshwater necklace

BPearls002.jpg

BPearls004.jpg

60" 7-8 mm AA dyed freshwater rope

BPearls007.jpg

BPearls008.jpg

Hi Raisondetre,

Looks lovely on you! I am interested to hear your opinion on the difference in quality between AA and AAA dyed black CFWP. I am thinking of getting a bracelet as a present, but not sure whether I should go with AA+ or AAA. Would the difference in different grades of dyed pearls be less obvious (or more) than natural color pearls?

Thanks,
pernula

Last edited:
Now, with natural color I'd definitely have gotten the AA+ as opposed to AA. In dyed the blemishing is less noticeable, though Terry's are probably better AA than most others out there. There will be the odd pearl here and there with a few pits but your eye tends not to notice in darker colors, and the moderately blemished pearls are much rarer than I'd expected. The luster is also mildly less than in AA+ but I suspect they might have undergone just a tad more treatment than the usual though I can't be completely sure. They still look gorgeous in natural light in a different sort of way to lighter colors. In natural diffused light the light colored pearls tend to pop even in the AA+ grade, while it's more a soft glow with the AA which appears just a little muted. Probably why it's a waste dying AA+ and higher grade pearls cos' the luster just never ever shows up that well.

I don't find much difference in shape between the AA and AA+. Even for higher grade dyed AAA there are a few that are slightly off-round especially towards the ends of the strand, though the matching and graduation are done more smoothly. Shape is almost the least consistent between the grades as far as my eye can see, but I'm very picky and I've been very happy with both surface and luster for all the strands so far. My fav is still going to be the freshadama - nothing will ever beat that - perfect spheres or near metallic luster with depth. Unfortunately there cannot be dyed freshadama, and I will eventually get Tahitians for darker colored pearls. Eventually.

All in all I'd say definitely AA+ and above for natural colors.

ETA: For dyed I'd probably just get AA+ rather than AAA. The luster is better in AAA, but it's not as noticeable as in natural colors. Better value for money.

Last edited:
Nope, it's a cute neck!

Nope, it's a cute neck!

You have a smooth and slender neck. Don't make me post my photo to show you what a fat, wrinkled neck really looks like!!!

While enjoying the many lovely photos of your pearls, I did notice one glaring thing -- you wear the cutest clothes:)

Blaire, aka GemGeek

GemGeek said:
While enjoying the many lovely photos of your pearls, I did notice one glaring thing -- you wear the cutest clothes:)

Blaire, aka GemGeek

Thanx! I didn't run a fashion business for nothing, even though it didn't make money, LOL. China is such a shopper's haven ...

I do prefer buying high grade pearls online though. Unless you're an expert buying in large quantities you may not get what you paid for. Good vendors like Ling Ling would be hard to come by, and I don't always travel to Beijing/Shanghai.

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! And I love the little pearl accents on your vest! Don't EVEN talk neck to me! You're beautiful pearls or no pearls.

Now for the dyed AA chocolate freshwater ropes - the color is even and the luster amazing. Very good value for money. My sister loves them to bits too!

Choc2.jpg

Choc3.jpg

Choc5.jpg

Where did you get the chocolate? I love them.. I saw some at a store in the mall, it's owned by Tiffany, so you can imagine the prices..

Back