Terry's Ropes

Hi Joan,

It was a Pearl Outlet special last month. They didn't offer it again this month, but maybe sometime. These were very reasonable. If you go to The Pearl Outlet's website, they have a link for this month's special at the bottom of the homepage. The AA+ ropes in white and multi colored are fantastic.

Joan: Are you sure you saw freshwater chocolates at Iridesse? The reason I ask is, Iridesse does not carry dyed freshwaters.

Wow, those chocolate-y ropes are fantastic!! I could kick myself for not getting some when I could've. :eek:

Joan probably saw the chocolate Tahitian pearls. They were big pearls, right?

By special request, a side-by-side comparison. Hope it shows up well. My whole family thinks I'm crazy, but it's worth it.

Shelley017.jpg

Shelley018.jpg

Shelley019.jpg

Shelley020.jpg

I know 4 would have done it, but why not 4 more?

Shelley021.jpg

Shelley022.jpg

Shelley023.jpg

Shelley024.jpg

Now I have a strange urge to shop for a pearl rope... Funny, but I never felt that way before.;)

Yes, I believe they were Tahitians, that makes sense. I actually didn't ask if they were dyed though, I assumed so.

They are on a future list.

All chocolate Tahitians are bleached out or dyed, I believe. If you were looking at a rope of Tahitians then that would explain the cost.

GemGeek said:
Now I have a strange urge to shop for a pearl rope... Funny, but I never felt that way before.;)

I'm pretty sure you already subscribe to it, but just in case you didn't there should still be some ropes left on here.

Raisondetre said:
I'm pretty sure you already subscribe to it, but just in case you didn't there should still be some ropes left on here.

If I was on the list I would have jumped on those chocolate ropes seconds after you did.;) Just how do I sign up -- send Terry an email?

Blaire

If you just go to the pearl outlet website (www.thepearloutlet.com) and sign up for the monthly giveaway it also subscribes you to the list. I expect to see pics if you do win the Galatea ring though. I didn't join the lucky draw but just subscribed. Had I known I'd have done it through that - I loved the dragonfly pin in the last draw. Best thing is it also gives you a discount code for 10% of most regular items.

Last edited:
Love your chocolate ropes Raisondetre!!! You are certainly working on quite the collection.. wonder what you'll get next time..?

Well, I'm kinda obsessed with the Galatea collection, so a couple more items from that next month, and I'm saving up for a gem tahitian bracelet from Jeremy in January.

Raisondetre said:
I'm saving up for a gem tahitian bracelet from Jeremy in January.

We share the same dream... a tahitian bracelet.
Will this be custom made? And what's the size of the pearls? And what about the color?

In my dreams I'm composing a 7 inch multi-color 8-9mm AAA tahitian bracelet.

Sheila

I'm actually after the gem baroque bracelet Joan A posted about quite a few months ago now. Too lazy to find the link. I'm guessing it's about 10mm and really dark with crazy orient. I don't know if Jeremy actually has the pearls in stock right now, but I can only buy it in Jan/Feb after I clear the Galatea. Good thing is my sister is into the Galatea as well so she's sharing the cost of some of it (well, my dad is anyways).

I don't know why I keep bugging Jeremy. After I get one of my whims I PM him like a bloodhound, then decide I wouldn't have the funds for another few months because I get sidetracked by smaller purchases that are interesting (like the freshwater baroques, then the Galatea, then possibly freshwater exotics). I need to find myself a sugar daddy.

Just in case anyone missed out, Terry's got somemore stuff here. Won't last long though. I got the enhancer and the chocolate freshwater bracelet.

Raisondetre said:
Just in case anyone missed out, Terry's got somemore stuff here. Won't last long though. I got the enhancer and the chocolate freshwater bracelet.

When I saw that bracelet, I knew you'd have to get it!;) How fun!

Yup! Just got the chocolate rope, chocolate Tahitian studs, golden Akoya studs, and the black Akoya studs. Can't wait!!

Back