Terry's Ropes

Yeah, I figured since I already have the rope I can make single, double or triple strands with it. The bracelet would compliment it nicely. Did you get anything?

Is it crazy of us to be discussing purchases on the forum? I can't get enough of it. I'm so glad I caught the email on time today. Would've been really upset if I were working night shift.

How fun! Shopping before coffee! I had to have both the chocolate & black ropes, and chocolate earrings.. I'm really looking forward to getting these.

If only I wore earrings I'd get the Akoya ones to match the enhancer. I suppose I could get them changed to screwbacks/clipons but I'm really just not a earring person (having said that the baroque Akoya earrings boo sent me were exquisite and I love how they dangle - thanx Deb!).

I am surprised the enhancer didn't go any faster. I'd love to get some of the pendants but I don't quite like the bunny ears. The dark golden SS one looks nice, but I'll have to get a different chain if I get it. I prefer omega chains. I'll think about it a bit more. The rings earlier this month were to die for though.

Need to work harder for the cash ...

I almost bought a chocolate necklace, but then I felt guilty about the other things I bought recently, like kasumi pearl earrings and the PP Monthly Special. And after the Sea of Cortez earrings and my loot from the pearl tour, I need to give it a rest. But I enjoy hearing about your purchases and I can't wait to see photos. (You know how I am);)

Raisondetre said:
I am surprised the enhancer didn't go any faster.

I wanted the enhancer very badly, but just couldn't cough up the funds - it has been a very expensive autumn for me (car repairs and emergency trips to the east coast for an ailing family member). Dontcha just hate when real life interferes with your pearl plans? :rolleyes:

I know. I hate it when that happens. I've already got my purchases planned for the next two years. Just gotta work like the devil after I go travelling next year. See, the impediment to me actually going travelling is missing out on the monthly specials Jeremy and Terry have ...

Will post pics after I get them. I also want more Galatea and Tahitian pearls. Fullblown white and golden SSs will have to wait till after those. And there are the exotics and freshadamas. I think my mom's hinting about a graduated white freshadama strand. I've only just asked Jeremy about it. So many pearls, so little time, stealing a quote ...

Great. I was so excited about typing this post I actually forgot what I was doing ...

Last edited:
If I would just make some more jewelry and sell it, I could buy more for myself! It's a vortex of pearly greed that has sucked me in!:eek:

I took my "antique" pearl necklace set to work today and my cubicle neighbor bought it immediately and wore it around the office. She has caramel-colored skin and the pearls gleamed on her. Time to get ready so I don't miss holiday sales!;)

Like Pattye says, so many pearls, so little time!

I'm almost about to cry ...

The new chocolate freshwater bracelet is lovely ... but it's a few shades lighter than the chocolate freshwater ropes from the previous sale. I'm almost about to throw a fit because I can't find the blowout sale page to buy the matching single strand necklace ... I know it's sold out, but I'm just going to hound Terry like crazy until he gets it back in stock. Nah, it doesn't sound too crazy ...

Pearls020.jpg

Pearls021.jpg

Pearls022.jpg

It's a bummer that they don't match. But, I'm sure Terry will help you make a lighter set. They're both very beautiful colors. You really are going to have a tough time deciding which pearls to wear.;)

Beautiful colours! But I know how you feel. This way though, you now have dark and milk chocolate! ;)

They are all really beautifull. You should add a golden rope and wear the three colors together. What a Coco Chanel thing to do.

Terry was kind enough to let me send it back so I can get a match. I do like the lighter one so I'll swap it for the rope if he has any. Hopefully they match this time. But I dunno whether to send it to his PO Box or physical addy ...

I got my rope and it's the same color as your bracelet. I was hoping for dark chocolate though.

I think mixing them with other colors in a twisted rope would look great.. or just pile them on..

I've sent mine back. I don't know if Terry has any new ones coming, but I did send the dark rope back. Might be easier to swap if you are interested.

Sorry to be so late on this thread.

I like the idea of differentiating between dark chocolate and milk chocolate! We can match those either way.

Whenever returning anything, either the PO Box or the physical address works fine. Just remember, FedEx, UPS, and DHL will only deliver to a physical address. The postal system (USPS) will deliver to either.

Good news! Next sale, we'll have natural multicolor, Akoya pearls from Vietnam. Note that the color is natural, but, of course, the Akoya pearls are cultured.

Meh, not too fussed whether the pearls are cultured or natural as long as they're beautiful. How exciting! I'm beginning to get into Akoyas.

Too many of these diversions and I'll have to push back buying the classic pieces I was planning. Must show restraint ...

I sent the pearls to the PO box. I'm hoping it doesn't get lost. It is insured but I think it only gets me the insured value if it's lost, not that it guarantees delivery. Maybe I should've included the delivery fees for the insurance in case it got lost ... hope it shows up!

Oh yeah, I'm all for the golden, light chocolate and dark chocolate triple strand! Must wait for my bank account to top up. But the light chocolate is lovely!

The Pearl Outlet said:
Good news! Next sale, we'll have natural multicolor, Akoya pearls from Vietnam. Note that the color is natural, but, of course, the Akoya pearls are cultured.

Could you please tell me when this sale will start, since I'm going to Spain at the end of this week. I think (hope) this is what I'm looking to find for a long, long time.

Sheila

The best way to be informed on our monthly sales is to sign up at the bottom of our home page. We don't post links to them here. If you're interested in something specific with regard to natural multicolored Akoya, let me know. I do have a contact for them.

I finally got the light colored chocolate rope/bracelet in the mail! I'm just so happy with it. Here are some photos:

MC1.jpg

MC3.jpg

MC4.jpg

Have been too busy to even cut the tags off it.

Back