Taiwan Jewellery & Gem Fair

Egg scallion pancake looks delicious. And I do love to eat Japanese food in Taiwan. Keep the food **** coming!

Hi Ladies! I visited one of my mum's jeweler here in Taipei. Sadly I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I would have liked since they were pretty busy, and ran into an auntie there so I had to interact and chit chat with her. I'm posting some pics that I took and supplementing with some of their marketing emails/materials.

A few themes I observed: Opals, all sorts of opals, are "in". Fire opals, water opals, black opals, etc. Emerald seems to have dominated over ruby & sapphire. Paraiba tourmaline (rarest of tourmalines) is also gaining popularity. And the slices of materials are actually raw diamond slices (though clearly not gem grade with lots more inclusions). This new way of using/designing with diamond slices are definitely quite popular.

This butterfly brooch is composed of a substantial slice of black opal and ombre of semi-precious stones.
IMG_3628 (1).jpg

More Opals:
IMG_3634 (1).jpg

The photo size probably needs to be reduced first. Once you make them smaller, they should work. :)

As an administrator, I am bound to point out that we should not be posting any photos that have promotional text . We have asked other members to remove them, so we have to be fair and apply the same to everyone. Just don't post more of the same, please. :)

The jewelry is stunning. Did they have any pearls?

GG, there are pearls!!

The pieces are all stunning, but especially the butterfly with the conch pearls. Earrings you're modeling are gorgeous, too, with the baroque pearl! Were the earrings heavy? The designs are graceful and complex; simply amazing! Thank you so much for the morning treat!

I just totally checked out, sorry. I am sitting waiting while Mom has eye surgery. Yes, I remember the pink pearls now and I was so amazed by the earring shot's gems that I did not remember the pearl. This is one time where the gems have eclipsed the pearls! And I love that Purrahna is sharing all this splendor.

And I will definitely visit Lee at JCK if they have an open display.

Wow, so intricate and artistic! Beautiful works of art, they are a pleasure to see even in photos. Thank you for sharing.

The breakfast looks yummy, but I will take those earrings you are modelling please :)

Okay. We're home and Mom is in bed. Sorry again for my rudeness. I really didn't mean to be such a dork, but dorkiness is a trait that I can't always bury! ♡♡♡

GemGeek!!! I'm really glad to see that your mom is done with the eye surgery and at home resting now. Sounds like the operation was smooth and a success? Big hugs to you both! :)
Thank you so much for letting me know about the picture sizes and marketing materials. I should have cropped the text out but was too lazy - thank you for the heads up and I will definitely be more mindful in the future! I know a lot of the pieces I posted doesn't contain pearls, but it kinda started from my Victoria Grayson thread where ladies asked me to post more pics even though they are not pearl pieces... I know the 2 threads are getting slightly interwoven & confusing. :(

Pattye! the earrings are not the lightest, but surprisingly they are relatively light for the size/design, and quite wearable even for my sensitive lobes!

And haha for anyone curious (I know some people will ask), sadly no I did not pick up any pieces from this visit. Was definitely tempted by that earrings though!

Mom is doing great, thanks. :) We were a bit stressed out there, but all is well. Simple cataract surgery, but it's my mom. After she had the first eye done, a little blood trickled out of the corner of her eye and I got dizzy and almost fainted. And then I laughed about how silly I was.

The day Mom leaves the world is going to be a black hole for me. We are super-close. So I love when other people mention their mothers as is the case in this thread. ♡♡♡

Such amazing pieces !! Thanks so much for posting the photos...you must have had fun trying all that gorgeous stuff on !! (sooooo you say that you didn't get anything to take home .....hmmmmmm....maybe just a little something......??) lol

Glad your mom is doing well ! They have great results from that surgery so I'm sure she'll be pleased.

Back