Tahitian on Etsy???

IHEARTPEARLS

Hi everyone =) Has anyone heard or bought some Tahitians strand from these sellers on Etsy are they reputable? KongsPearl and
WenPearls?
Any other reputable seller of Tahitian on Etsy? Thanks much appreciated of your help :eek:

I have bought Tahitians for do-it-myself projects from Wen, and freshwater pearls from Kongs, and have been pleased with both the pearls and the service. However, I would look very closely at the photographs for luster, overtones, and size and ask questions if you need further clarification. They are both honest in their assessment of their pearls but generally the pearls are not as high quality as those used in jewelry made by forum members in their etsy shops. While both sellers accept returns, I believe, shipping back to China can be time-consuming and a big inconvenience.

Yes, thank you for adding Oceans Cove, PD! Kamoka Pearls is on etsy, too! Clearly not enough coffee this am! Since IHEARTPEARLS is in Canada, I was thinking she might be interested in shopping locally and possibly avoiding additional fees. Apologies to anyone I've left out.

Thank you for your help :eek: I have contacted her and she does not have what I am looking for in stock .

I have bought multiple times from both, WenPearl and KongsPearl and always been happy.

I agree with everything said so far, I've really enjoyed shopping with both companies since I got into collecting pearls a few months ago.

I've purchased the most with Wen. I love my tahitian multicolor strand, and I'm pleased with the loose pearls and half-strand of circled tahitians I've bought for a harvest strand project. She tends to list out in her description either 2A or 3A for quality. The 3A, either in loose or full strands, have much better color and luster. Freshwater strands from her are a little more hit or miss, but I've really only bought inexpensive keshi or small rice pearls so far. She replies very quickly to questions, and will send additional pictures of strands in different light to help you make a decision. Even when her pictures have made me not want to purchase, she was still gracious for my inquiry. I even bought a baroque tahitian pearl that STUNK, I mean real bad folks.... We're talking a barn full of cows that ate brussels sprouts bad. :( After a few weeks I contacted her, and she had me pick out another pearl to replace it. I thought that was cool she'd ship a $8 pearl to me just to make it right.

For Kongs Pearl, I've only purchased one ripple freshwater strand and I'm very happy with it. They tend to take pictures of their pearls in a very artificial, light-box setting, so you're getting the best case scenario when you web shop. The strand was a little subdued when I received it, but once I took it in different rooms and rearranged the pearl order, they came to life. I would 110% ask for additional pictures from Kongs before buying any strand (which I didn't do....) but I think what they are putting online is accurate if that makes sense.

Maybe I'm just a hater, but I think for more expensive strands, Wen has better tahitians and Kongs has better Edison/ripple pearls? Thoughts anyone? I also agree that the big online companies, as well as the ETSY vendors on this forum are going to have top-of-the-line quality and are less of a risk as far as what you are getting.

I agree with everything said so far, I've really enjoyed shopping with both companies since I got into collecting pearls a few months ago.

I've purchased the most with Wen. I love my tahitian multicolor strand, and I'm pleased with the loose pearls and half-strand of circled tahitians I've bought for a harvest strand project. She tends to list out in her description either 2A or 3A for quality. The 3A, either in loose or full strands, have much better color and luster. Freshwater strands from her are a little more hit or miss, but I've really only bought inexpensive keshi or small rice pearls so far. She replies very quickly to questions, and will send additional pictures of strands in different light to help you make a decision. Even when her pictures have made me not want to purchase, she was still gracious for my inquiry. I even bought a baroque tahitian pearl that STUNK, I mean real bad folks.... We're talking a barn full of cows that ate brussels sprouts bad. :( After a few weeks I contacted her, and she had me pick out another pearl to replace it. I thought that was cool she'd ship a $8 pearl to me just to make it right.

For Kongs Pearl, I've only purchased one ripple freshwater strand and I'm very happy with it. They tend to take pictures of their pearls in a very artificial, light-box setting, so you're getting the best case scenario when you web shop. The strand was a little subdued when I received it, but once I took it in different rooms and rearranged the pearl order, they came to life. I would 110% ask for additional pictures from Kongs before buying any strand (which I didn't do....) but I think what they are putting online is accurate if that makes sense.

Maybe I'm just a hater, but I think for more expensive strands, Wen has better tahitians and Kongs has better Edison/ripple pearls? Thoughts anyone? I also agree that the big online companies, as well as the ETSY vendors on this forum are going to have top-of-the-line quality and are less of a risk as far as what you are getting.

Thank you for your post on Wen's. I just ordered a Tahitian strand and Edison Pearl strand with 14k clasps. She is making each strand into a necklace and both are very affordable for my casual lifestyle.

Many thanks to Parrot Lady and CBpearlover. :) I just received my Tahitian necklace (circle pearls) from Wen and am delighted. I really did not know if I would love Tahitians because I have only seen them in photos and there are so many forum members who post amazingly beautiful pictures of their Tahitians. I was worried my necklace might be a dud because it was not very expensive.

The strand is gorgeous. The pearls look shiny chrome metallic with beautiful greens, blues, rose, gold and copper colors. There is even one peacock pearl. There are flaws on many of the pearls but they are very small and not noticeable when wearing the strand. The pearls look well matched in size and proportion on the strand.

I am so in love I just ordered another strand of darker Tahitians. When they arrive (and my Edison necklace) I will take photos and post them on the thread for member's pearls.

This forum has been so helpful to the pearl newbie. I am very grateful.

Hey Gemandpearlover! I'm so happy you're having a good experience! Just trying to pay it forward and offer help, because everyone else on here has dedicated a lot of time and effort to educate and share! I can't wait to see pictures of your strands, I was pleasantly surprised by Wen's customer service!

I have had good experiences with both. I mostly use them for freshwater. They are very responsive to inquiries about treatments and more photos. Shipping with Wen is faster than Kong’s. For Tahitians, I prefer Aloha Pearls, also happy with all my transactions with them.

Good to know Jenny. I saw Aloha Pearls on Etsy but I think I read some mixed feedback here on the forum regarding them. Glad to know you had a good experience. Here is a quick photo of my inexpensive Tahitians from Wren. I also bought some SSP's from her and some freshwater pearls so looking forward to adding those to my humble collection. IMG_0345 (1).jpg

Quick Iphone pic with my back against a window. Sorry it is not very good but too cold outside to do a proper pic. IMG_0354.jpg

I received some lose Tahitians from Etsy seller Continental pearl. They were more expensive than Wen's and I think they are kind of "blah." They don't have the metal shine that Wen's do. Maybe their more expensive ones do, but I am really happy with Wen's and look forward to getting the next strand. :)

Back