Tahitian Color Variations

Miriam Reed

Anybody want to try to name the different colors of Tahitians in this selection I pulled out of loose pearls? How many different colors of Tahitians can you identify and/or describe?

Attachments

• Tahitan-Pearl-Colors.jpg
    Tahitan-Pearl-Colors.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 28
Okay, that photo shows them too small. Let me cut up that line-up into smaller sections so you can see them up closer.

Hmm. Is that better? I think I should have numbered them.

Attachments

• tahitian colors.jpg
    tahitian colors.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Oh - and please don't post any official color charts until a few have had a chance to test their knowledge:D;):)

OK - I'll be first and I'm not looking at anything for reference, just going from what I think I know. If I get it right, do I get them? (if so then I will cheat)

Remember, I was an absolute newbie in June with nothing but a Tahitian gleam in my eye!!! omg

White, Champagne, silver, grey, pistachio, gold, aqua, green, bronze, copper, rose, aubergine, blue, green, peacock.
:p

Okay, that photo shows them too small. Let me cut up that line-up into smaller sections so you can see them up closer.

Hmm. Is that better? I think I should have numbered them.

OK, I am a novice and who knows what my monitor sees or my tired eyes...but here goes:

Row 1: lt champagne, silver, lt aqua, lt aqua body with lt rose overtone, lt pistachio
Row 2: champagne/lt gold, aqua, peacock, pewter with rose, copper
Row 3: copper with rose, cherry (with dark green body?), pewter, green, aqua

Last edited:
I am not in the business so have no business even guessing at these, please be tolerant:

1) white,2) platinum, 3) silver, 4)silver-blue w/rose overtone,
5) pistachio 6) light gold 7) aqua 8) peacock
9) pink with green overtone, 10) copper 11) mocha 12) chocolate
13) pewter 14) peacock baroque 15) aqua baroque

It's really hard to tell overtone on the computer
barbie

#4 looks like it could actually be lavander. I saw an amazing lavandar bracelet on Care Ehret's website recently from Cortez Pearls. Didn't know salt water pearls could produce those particular colors. Truly wow.

And that peacock baroque looks like maybe it's quite plummy.

Lastly, the one I've referred to as pewter, looks almost charcoal to me. When I see pearls called pewter (at PP say) they seem to me a little brownish. I would call them 'taupe'. This one looks black over silver, or the reverse, from here.

I just know I like the peacock in the middle, and the blue one to the left of it :D

And the last drop shape in the bottom right hand corner is nice too :D

DK :)

Wow, you girls are good! I would describe them as:
!) white with ivory/rose' overtones; silver; silver with aqua overtones; light blue grey with rose' overtones; pistacio;
2)light gold; aqua; peacock; pewter with rose' overtones; copper;
3)bronze with aubergine overtones; cherry brown; charcoal; dark green -almost green black with mostly green overtones and a bit of peacock overtone; dark green blue with green and silver overtones.

I see nobody posted any color charts! I know I've seen one somewhere here on the forum. Anybody remember where it is? I couldn't get my scanner to work to post one from a book, but if anybody else can, that'd be great.

Reviving this thread, as I have decided I like dark body colour blues the most and prefer them to peacocks! :D

Hopefully, one day, I shall have a strand of dark body blues 12mm to 15mm in my collection! :D

Dream on I'd say! :D

LOL i am also reading to find the official color chart.... but there isnt any? :(

Back